Mid-range 30.06 - suggestions?

K

kphunter

LAST EDITED ON Sep-18-03 AT 12:36PM (MST)[p]I've already made my gun purchase for the year, but I'll be in the market for an elk/deer rifle in '04.

What are your recommendations for a mid-range rifle ($400-$600) in a 30.06? I'd prefer a wood stock but would consider a synthetic if the price is right.

KP

Weatherby Mark V for $600. I bought one in 30/06 and absolutly love it. They also sell their Vangaurd for arounf $480 or something like that.

I have a Remington 700 adl with a walnut stock. The only thing I do not like about this gun is the fact that it loads from the top. It is a really good shooter, loves 150 grain Nosler partition reloads. don't settle for something because of price. Go to the gun shop and test fire them. Cabelas has a test fire range. good luck.
"SEMPER FIDELIS"

In that price range a Ruger M77 is tough to beat. You might be able to find a Winchester M70 on sale too. If you can find a Weatherby Mark V for $600 (I did 2 years ago but I have yet to see one again at that price, synthetic stock) snatch it up.

second the ruger. I bought a lefty in 1996 for under $500. Shoots great, triggers need work or replacement.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom