Middle Fork of the Salmon???

• Thread starter Oregon Fishing Guide
  • Start date
O

Oregon Fishing Guide

I had a friend years ago that guided in the middle fork of the salmon and took some awesome bucks. I still have the topo map he gave me and he marked the remote air strips he used and marked the canyons he hunted. This ws back in the early 80s and he told me at that time that it was getting hunted out pretty good and then I heard later that the wolves are putting a bad hurt on the deer. I have always been intriqued of hunting there. Can any of you tell me how the deer herds are doing in that area? The big nontypical bucks that they took were big and heavy and that is a great combo. Thanks and good luck in your hunts.

God Bless and see you in the outdoors,

Jon and Stacy Ball
1-877-347-4662
www.JonsOutdoors.com
Which is
Gimme A Go Fishing Adventures (Columbia River Sturgeon & Salmon)
JS Outfitters (Wyoming Deer and Antelope Hunts)
Thorne Bay Lodge (Hunting & Fishing Alaska)

I hunt the middle fork every september for elk and deer. We always get a few bucks in the 20-22 inch range nothing huge. Last year a guy next to us shot a nice 26 inch buck. It is really hard to say about your old buddys area, the middle fork runs for over ahundred miles so were I hunt could be along ways and totally different hunting then were he hunted. If you want to pm me with a closer drainage and I can tell you how far we are from there. also I have some buddys that fly into air strips ever november to hunt rutting bucks.. I could also share some of their locations with you.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom