Middle Mountain Area of 55

greatbasin

LAST EDITED ON Oct-12-11 AT 12:50PM (MST)[p]As I stated on another post I am snowed out of my favorite deer spots in 55, so I am starting to look around.

I was wondering if any of you've hunted or even just driven into the middle mountain area of the unit, and what you thought of its potential. I looks kind of promising but I am unsure about access, and if the few roads down there are gated or if there is decent access to the public land in those hills.

If you can be of any help, I would surely appreciate a PM. Any thoughts on deer numbers, access, trail conditions, hunter numbers...Just giving me the general lowdown on whether it's worth spending the time looking over that corner of the unit, would be quite helpful.
Normally, I would just go look there and find out for myself, but time off work and spare gas money are not nearly what they used to be. Thanks in advance.

I went up there this last weekend with a friend that drew
that tag.We camped at the city of rocks and hiked in on sat.
about 3 miles through the snow we seen 10 bucks that
day four of which were 160s to low 190s.Everyone else was
road hunting.Good luck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom