Midsouth Shooters Supply

W

Weasel

As some of you may know I bought a blackpowder rifle kit over two years ago from Midsouth. After waiting for weeks to get it, it showed up minus all the small parts, screws, sights, wedges etc. I called Midsouth and was told it wasn't their problem. They wouldn't send me the parts or even call Lyman to order them for me. I was told if I returned the gun I wouldn't get a full refund. They wanted me to pay shipping both ways, plus a 20% restocking fee. It would have cost me approximately $60 because they sent a partial kit! Well, I talked to Connie King, the owner the other day and she said they'd now give me a refund, she didn't mention the 20% restocking fee or the shipping so I don't know if she meant full refund or that I'd still have to pay 20% plus the shipping, which is their policy. This is two plus years later and after I rounded up all the parts I needed and built the gun. I did a slow rust finish on the steel and oil finish on the stock. I did some lock work and customized the sights. I had to buy files, chisels and other tools and materials to finish the gun. The gun came out great and is a real shooter. Does this sound like Midsouth is trying to be fair, or screw me a second time? All opinions are welcome.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-25-04 AT 07:03PM (MST)[p]I certainly wouldn't send the gun back now. Sounds like you finally hollared loud enough to get the attention of someone who mattered, but much too late. If a company treated me like that, I would certainly not do business with them in the future and would let them know that I would be spreading it around how they treated me, as you are doing. To get me back at this point, they would have to send me a $50 gift cert with a profound apology. Otherwise, they are not going to get any of my business.

Regardless of what they told you intially, they ARE legally responsible for getting you what you ordered. If they refused to send me the missing parts, I would have sent the gun back to them and demanded a full refund. Anything less of them I suspect is not legal.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

I just got off the phone with Connie King, owner of Midsouth. They have offered to make a goodwill gesture that is satisfactory to me, without benefitting me directly. She also explained that staff has changed and they are reviewing their return policy to make it clear the customer won't have to go through what I did.

i tried dealing with midsouth years ago. once was enough. i honestly don't know how they stay in business. must do a good wholesale business.

I order almost exclusively from Midsouth and have never had a problem. In fact, just in the last 3 weeks I have placed 3 separate orders and spent a little over $300, mostly on reloading components and miscellaneous stuff. I have noticed it does take 2 or 3 days longer than Cabelas to get the shipment, but prices are much lower.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom