Midstate Lamp 450

Founder

Founder Since 1999
Hello Folks,

Our friends at Midstate Lamp sent us over this lamp to use and review. This model 450 is designed for use in cabins or camp trailers, where power is unavailable or for power outage backup. For our review, we attached it to a 3 gallon propane tank and used it both indoors and out, although it is primarily meant for indoor use.
This unit is similar to your typical lantern, as it uses a mantel. It uses only one mantel, but it appeared to offer as much light as my 2 mantel propane lantern. The lamp is advertised to rival a 100-watt bulb in brightness, and I believe it does.
Although our lamp is the propane model, the lamps are also available in a natural gas model. The quality craftsmanship is what we found most impressive. The rust-proof stainless steel and polished aluminum should last many years.
We found this unit to be quite bright and of very high quality. So, if you have a backcountry cabin with no power, these lamps are a good option. We would recommend one lamp per small room (1 lamp per 100 sq. feet).

The photos below are better than what I could take, so we'll use them instead.

463fbb9935a50316.jpg
463fbbb335cc71f0.jpg

463fbbd035ea1ef7.jpg

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

NOTE: If anyone is interested in learning more about this lamp, call Midstate at 866-450-5267

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom