Midway MDF Banquet 6/10/06

Dahlmer

LAST EDITED ON May-26-06 AT 07:51PM (MST)[p]I hesitate to even mention this with all the negativity, but we would appreciate your support on June 10th. For those of you who feel you have a bone to pick with Tony maybe you can get his ear for while you're there.

The following tags will be available:

1. Diamond Mtn. Deer, archery
2. Wasatch Elk, muzzleloader
3. Central Deer
4. Northeastern Deer
5. Central Cow Elk

We will also have about 13 guns avialable through both auction and raffle and some nice optics as well.

Give me a call at 435 654-3772 or 435 671-6627 or you can contact Paul Kendall at 435 757-1278. Come join us and lets have a good time.

Jeff Rasband

LAST EDITED ON May-26-06 AT 09:22PM (MST)[p]Hope to see some of you guys come up from the "valley" to the banquet.

It's the same evening as the day of the antlerfest. It'd make for a great end to a great day. Come check out some monster racks at antlerfest and rewind with a cool night in Heber Valley.

For as much crap as I like to stir up about conservation tags, I still believe in supporting these groups even if I don't agree with everything.

Hope to see some of you guys at the banquet.

(We can all team up on Tony at the same time:))

Give us a call if you have any questions! Paul Kendall

If any of you tightwads want a DVD, I'm gonna be donating a bunch-almost as good as a Wastach bull tag-NOT!:)

Tell us more about the prizes, games and the banquet. I could give a rats you know what about the tags there. 99% of us could care less what tags are at the banquets! If your going to market your banquet on here, at least speak to the audience. Give us the details man- not the part we don't care about!

LAST EDITED ON May-27-06 AT 09:56AM (MST)[p]The grand prize will be a Browning rifle w/ scope (should be Leupold) or a pair of Swaravski 10x40 SLCs. If we can get enough people there we will give both away together in the grand prize drawing.

We will also have 2 Fort Knox safes, 1 for auction and 1 will be raffled (buy a MDF medallion for $20 for a chance to win). We will be playing the card game to win a rifle as well as having several rifles available for the normal raffle. In total there will be about 12 rifles and a bow, most available via raffle. If you've got calibers you'd like to see there let me know.

Paul has been kind enough to donate some products from Knives of Alaska and Crooked Horn as well as a bunch of DVDs. (Thanks Paul).

We will also have some optics available...an Alpen spotting scope as well as Leupold Gold Ring spotter and Windriver Katmai binos. We'll have some sleeping bags, packs, headlamps, lanterns, and a few other items.

Sweet- thanks. :)

Finally- how about some package pricing? Also, what would it cost a guy to show up at the door already a member of MDF? Also, will there be room for walk ins?

Sponsor Package is $160.00
Corporate is $600.00
Couple is $80.00
Single is $60.00

We'd appreciate that everyone calls up as we're limited to seating. I don't think we'll turn anyone away at the door, but it'd be a lot safer to RSVP especially if you're driving up from Salt Lake or Provo.

This is a small town banquet. If you've never attended a banquet in Heber or Walsburg you're missing out on one of life's great experiences;)

Though I will say it's a lot more civilized than Goshen....:)

I am looking forward to this event. I would be happy to talk with anyone who chooses to attend. Thanks to Jeff and Paul for their help.

Tony

When the banquet is over, can somebody please inform me of what the tags went for? Thank you......

Tony,

A while back someone asked what we would like to see the MDF do for us as far as conservation projects. I personally would like to see the state broken into sub-units and managed like Colorado's Deer Herds. I think that this would go along way in Mule Deer Conservation.

What can the MDF do regarding this. What is the MDF's position on smaller units for deer in Utah.

At one time, I thought this was going to be done. What happened?

Out of all the projects you could do right now, I think this one would pay big dividends in terms of numbers and size.

Thanks CS

Yeh, what happened to the 25 deer unit idea??

Sure it would have sucked at first, but by now we all would have adjusted and be getting alot better quality of deer.

Or so one would think.......

MDF is currently working with the DWR and other groups to get this put back on the table. There are pros and cons to this way of managing so it needs to be thoroughly look at. Under the right situation MDF would support smaller managment areas.

Tony Abbott

Tony,

When you say that under the right circumstances MDF would support this proposal. What do you mean? What are some of the draw backs and difficulties about getting this done?

Thanks CS

The major obstacle it would face from the public is breaking traditional family hunting areas.

For instance the southern unit is already hard to draw for a family, think how hard it would become if the unit was broke into 5-10 areas.

Biologically it would be good to manage on smaller units but unfortunatly biology isn't the only factor, the social aspect ways heavily in the decision.

Neveada takes residents 5-10 years to draw and they manage on a smaller unit size. Small units also does not guarentee better bucks. Infact in some cases it can decrease the quality.

An examply is , if 1 unit is doing good but another unit is not then the dwr can shift hunters from 1 unit to another thus decreasing buck populations on the good unit.

There is alot to consider on this matter but MDF is working on it.

Tony Abbott

LAST EDITED ON May-31-06 AT 11:14AM (MST)[p]Due to some conflicts we have to push this banquet back to the 23rd. I aplogize to those of you who have made arrangements for the 10th. If you are interested in attending, please contact Paul or me asseating will be limited.

Jeff Rasband

5:00 pm. Dinner will probably start around 6:00 and the auction some time after 7:00. Should finish up by 9:00 to 9:30.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom