Midway USA

NVBighorn

Long Time Member
I have ordered from Midway many times in the past and been satisfied. I just went to their webpage and was looking for some Glock magazines, SKS magazines, etc. I noticed that ALMOST all their high capacity mags are "Out of stock, Backorder OK". I wonder if the expected run on high caps already affecting their inventory or if they are pulling them to see what happens or for price adjustments or succumbing to the pressure? I did not email them yet.

Go to their webpage (midwayusa.com) and search SKS or AK47 magazines and see if I'm crazy or what.

Also looking at Sportsmans Guide almost all of the less expensive bulk order 7.62 x 39 ammo is backordered to Jan 24. I'm not surprised if they are experiencing a run on ammo. I figure thats one way the antis will gets us is to make ammo for black rifles hard to get. Glad I bought what I bought back on the first Wednesday following the first Tuesday in November.

Lots of that type of stuff on back order on Cabelas website too. I guess its just a run on it before Joe Biden has his day.

BTW, did you see the smug look on that muthafuggas face yesterday when Obama was giving him his marching orders?

LAST EDITED ON Dec-20-12 AT 10:59AM (MST)[p]NVBighorn, I did the same and I back ordered 2 (they only let you get 2 at a time) try this website, heroestactical.com they had the magazines and I got 6 on the way. Good Luck getting them in another month

I had all my stuff in the wrapper after the first AWB in 94. Now I'm just buying because it pisses off my liberal relatives.

NVB..you going to the gunshow this weekend? If ya do, I would be glad to buy you a burger or two.

I'll go but only to pick up a holster or two. Probably stop by Sportsmans and pick up some powder/bullets on the way home.

NVB, I am betting that Midway is just getting low on stock like they said.. I was watching their online inventory the last couple days and it was going like crazy..

Better get what you want now.. the new AWB will be non sunsetting..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

I warned everybody they'd all be sold out 3 days ago!

Did anybody Listen?

If I had Listened!
I wouldn't be here today Living & Dieing with the Choices I've made!

i may have gone a little overboard, but i found an online store yesterday, after scouring page after page, that had ar pmags in stock. i called and the gal could not take phone orders b/c their system crashed (they just listed them and people went nuts). somehow managed to get an order placed online when the site came back up. said f**k it an ordered 100:)

>i may have gone a little
>overboard, but i found an
>online store yesterday, after scouring
>page after page, that had
>ar pmags in stock. i
>called and the gal could
>not take phone orders b/c
>their system crashed (they just
>listed them and people went
>nuts). somehow managed to get
>an order placed online when
>the site came back up.
>said f**k it an ordered
>100:)

Holy GAWD!

slick finds out you've got a 100 of them He'll be pissed!

If I had Listened!
I wouldn't be here today Living & Dieing with the Choices I've made!

>i may have gone a little
>overboard, but i found an
>online store yesterday, after scouring
>page after page, that had
>ar pmags in stock. i
>called and the gal could
>not take phone orders b/c
>their system crashed (they just
>listed them and people went
>nuts). somehow managed to get
>an order placed online when
>the site came back up.
>said f**k it an ordered
>100:)

You should see what they are going for on gun broker.

i know. i checked this auction (100 mags) at noon yesterday and it was just above $4,000. checked it again, 10 minutes before it closed and it was over $7,500!! i'll sell some when i get them, but i may hold on to quite a few of them. i heard magpul is threatening the distributors if they jack their prices way up, they'll stop production. just a rumor from one of the tactical shops.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=320667494

You're about 5 days too late Carl..Here is a paste from Brownells to give you an Idea'

?I wanted to take a minute to shed some insight on the magazine situation if i can. First of all I wanted to offer an apology for the situation? with magazines being ?In-Stock? and back-ordered moments later? [The] demand for magazines actually exceeded the ability for the system to keep up with the volume that was being ordered. The way that our website works is that inventory is fed from our ERP system directly into the website in ?real-time.? Unfortunately, ?real-time? is the amount of time that it takes for the transactions to work both ways. During normal circumstances, it is nearly instant. However, we've been receiving orders at such a pace that these transactions have gotten slower. We absolutely apologize again, we definitely don't want that ever to be your experience.

?To shed some more light on the magazine situation at present, it really has been unprecedented in the last 5 days. During a roughly the 72 hour period from Sunday afternoon to Monday evening we sold the ?average demand? equivalent of about 3.5 years worth of PMAGS, and and an even greater amount of our Brownells magazines. We?re working like crazy to get these orders to you as quickly as possible.?

NRA is happy as I am sure their fund raising is going good and ammo companies happy as well as I am sure prices will go up.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-21-12 AT 06:56PM (MST)[p]Been scurrying around myself and it's tough. Was able to pick up 500 rds of Hornaday 55gr FMJ for $325 today at targetsportsusa.com Placed an order with natchez shooting supply and got 4 lbs IMR4198, 55 gr SP Hornaday bullets (10.89 per hundred with a max of 1000 rds so that's what I got). The hazmat fee was 27.50, so a buddy went in on the order with me. Finding small rifle primers of ANY kind has been nil, so any suggestions would be appreciated!

1203sales, thanks for the suggestion about heroestactical. Got in on a pre-order for Tapco Gen II 30 rd clips for 15.99 that'll be arriving next week. Nothing else was available except 5 and 10 round clips and I'm not giving the DC crowd the pleasure.

Holy GAWD!

slick finds out you've got a 100 of them He'll be pissed!

Not really Elkass but it does make me laugh to see these idiots paying crazy prices for stuff I bought for next to nothing last year. Wait 6 months and that mag you paid $100.00 for will be worth $10.00 again. Happened before will happen again.

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

I got caught short last time, but still refused to pay 50 bucks for 1000 primers as the scalpers were seeking. This time I did not get caught short.

I have enough primers, bullets, brass, powder and lead with bullet molds that if I shot 1500 rounds per year, my supply will last about 12 years. That is not counting the 22lr ammo, have about 4000 of that.

My son was talking yesterday to his favorite gun dealer and was told that all the major gun distributers had zero numbers of in stock rifles that can be called an assault type rifle, including the Springfield M1A1 this time. All sold out and mile long waiting list from gun shops.
RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom