millionaires and billionaires are speaking out

cabinfever

Very Active Member
David Siegel, the owner of Westgate Resorts, sent a surprising email to his employees Monday

It said that if President Barack Obama wins re-election and raises Siegel's taxes, he will have to lay off workers and downsize his company - or even shut it down.

If any new taxes are levied on me, or my company, as our current President plans, I will have no choice but to reduce the size of this company," he wrote. "Rather than grow this company I will be forced to cut back. This means fewer jobs, less benefits and certainly less opportunity for everyone."

In a version of Romney's "47 percent" remarks, Siegel added that "people like me who made all the right decisions and invested in themselves are being forced to bail out all the people who didn't. The people that overspent their paychecks suddenly feel entitled to the same luxuries that I earned and sacrificed 42 years of my life for

Looks like Billionaire Steve Wynn and many other job creators are saying the same thing. Keep in mind Steve Wynn voted for Obama in 2008.

Ok 440, you are free to spin away..........

Red Lobster and Olive garden are now going to part time employees so they can avoid having to pay for the mandated healthcare. I can see many companies going this route in the future.

Target, Walmart, All the grocery stores, My brother run's a golf course and he has said if Obama is re-elected he will cut heads and work more part time help...

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

So millionaires and billionaires are too broke to stand a 3% tax increase. I see.

Obama hater republican knotheads say they're going to fire people if Obama wins and Joe Dirt buys it.

I'm a multi millionaire and I'm not changing a thing reguardless of who wins, because what I'm doing is working obviously. I can't get over how stupid some people are but it's to my advantage.

Lower my taxes see if I care.

Stay thirsty my friends

LAST EDITED ON Oct-11-12 AT 04:18PM (MST)[p]Who ever is telling these business that employing people part time will help the avoid the penalties in the ACA should be sued for malfeasance.

They need to go look at the Administrative rules as promulgated by the DHHS.

: Definition of a Full-Time Employee: A key definition for the employer mandate that becomes effective in 2014 is the definition of full-time employee. The number of full-time employees will determine application and cost of the employer mandate. The definition of full-time employees is also relevant to ACA?s automatic enrollment provision, which will become effective after final regulations are issued (anticipated to be 2014).

For purposes of the employer mandate, the ACA defines full-time employees as those who work an average of at least 30 hours per week. However, it is unclear how this definition is measured and over what time period it is measured. When determining the number of full-time employees relative to the employer?s affordable coverage requirement, employers will be allowed to exclude those full-time seasonal employees who work less than 120 days during the year. Part-time employees are counted as full-time equivalent employees in determining whether an employer is subject to the employer mandate, but part-time employees are excluded from the penalty calculation. The ACA does not define full-time employee for purposes of the automatic enrollment provision. The agencies have announced that they intend to coordinate the definition of full-time employees for purposes of the employer mandate with the definition for purposes of automatic enrollment.:

Therefore part time, nonseasonal workers are figured into the employee count which triggers the penalty for those employers.

Now the DHHS could further define how the part time employee counts can add up to full time equivalent.

Nemont

I had to laugh at Dude's statement that he is not going to do anything different if Obama gets elected. He comes on here and bad mouths companies that will change to part time labor and not have to pay employee's health care and other benifits.

Dude must think everyone is stupid but him. The cheap SOB is already using part time labor, most of it illegals, and does not pay health care benifits or vacation or 401k plans and he thinks we should admire him for not doing anything different.

He is a hypocrite for bad mouthing other employers for thinking about doing what he himself has been doing for many years. I guess that makes Dude a cheap SOB hypocrite.

RELH

RELH load up on Geritol and read what Nemont said again.

Do you think obamacare or not employers won't see increased helth care cost for employees? are you OK with Romney keeping the popular parts of obamacare but eliminating the parts that pay for it?

Sure you are, because you're senile and the state of CA has you covered anyway since you were a public employee.

Stay thirsty my friends

Dude how many damn times do I have to drum into your dense thick skull that the state of CA. does not have me covered. Even after being forced to accept medicare as my primary insurance, I am still paying 900 bucks a month for my blue cross-blue shield secondary insurance to cover things that medicare does not.
I am saving a whopping 100 bucks amonth after the switch to medicare.

RELH

And here I though medicare covered drug rehab. my bad.

In any case, I sit on a board of a district and we provide insurance for our employees. our bill had doubled in the last 5 years, I suppose that's Obamacares fault? point being costs are going to rise no matter what happens to obamacare. end of story.

I just turned 50, I pay $400 a month for major medical with a 5k deductable and a 20% co pay. I've never been admitted to a hospital or had more than a cold in my life. so might I be paying for others health care in my premium? you think? so I'm going to get hosed no matter what happens, as far as I'm concerned pass a law where deadbeats who would rather pay the $400 on entrance fees rather than insurance chip in.

How is Romney going to keep the popular parts of Obamacare and eliminate the paying part without ending up costing more than the original obamacare plan? do tell.

Stay thirsty my friends

Dude, Obamacare under the Obama adminstration is going to be a big bust. Why not give Romney a chance to show he can do better then that Idiot we have in office.

If Romneys fails to improve our economy, then we all can speak ill of him and vote for the next guy that might deliver. Obama has shown he can not and will not deliver what the American people need.

RELH

So I take it you're one of those who is willing to assume Romney can fix it even though he won't tell you how and what he has told you doesn't add up.

Isn't that what they call " Hope " .

Other than the fact Romney will hand Israel a blank check and the keys to our government and cut my taxes even though I can well afford a small increase I don't see 2 bits worth the difference between Obama and Romney. well, you do get the spook out of the whitehouse but I mean other than that.

I'm finacially better off with Romney and I don't have kids to worry about so this is a no lose situation for me. but I do love putting a little hot sauce in your mush it keeps you from getting senile quite as fast. you're welcome.

Stay thirsty my friends

LAST EDITED ON Oct-12-12 AT 09:23AM (MST)[p]440,the 3% tax increase for the wealthy does zero to help our debt crisis.we have a spending problem in washington not a tax revenue problem.

Untrue, we have a revenue and a spending problem. all non republican dreamer studies say so.

Why don't you get the details from Romney and Ryan and see if they prove otherwise. funny how they won't toss that out there isn't it? Obama and Biden are calling BS on the framework and all they come back with is uh huh. even a teabagger should be thinking something stinks by now.

Stay thirsty my friends

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom