Millville fire and Cache South elk

sled_guy

So Saturday took a drive up Providence canyon. Road turned us around above the gravel pit as I didn't want to beat the truck up. We looped down and went all the way up Millville Canyon. Part way up I mentioned to my brother that I thought we might get rain. We went all the way up on top and then across and down and out Logan canyon (had to help rescue a guy that crashed on his dirt bike and broke his wrist).

Anyway, apparently right after we went through the lightening hit and now the mountain there by Millville is on fire. From what I saw in the way of dry brush, it could be ugly. I was actually a bit surprised, even up around Mt Logan, how dry the under brush was.

Saw no elk, a few other vehicles although only a handful, and a couple of deer. As is the usual, looks like water is going to be the key for the elk hunt.

It was sure good to get out on the mountain, got me really jonesing for the hunt.

sled_guy

LAST EDITED ON Aug-12-13 AT 09:52PM (MST)[p]Good grief, what were you doing going up through providence canyon and millville canyon at 2-230AM that should have put you out Logan canyon before light Sunday were ya looking for the elk with the spotlight.

Better question what was the motorbike guy doing that early? Just asking 'cause the lightning storm when through around 245-3AM first fires (3 different spots) were around 3AM Sunday AM. Maybe I misunderstood what 'right after we went through' meant.

Todd Black

Visit our YouTube page
http://www.youtube.com/user/bulls4bto?feature=mhum

Todd... I didn't know when the fire started, just that it was Saturday some time.

No, we weren't there that late... we were their in the late afternoon and evening.

But middle of the night with a spotlight isn't a bad approach I guess. ;)

sled_guy

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom