Minox 13x56

snakeoil

Hey I just got back last night from the expo up in SLC, I am wondering if any of you have the Minox 13x56 binos? I looked through a bunch of binos up there, and these looked to be a great glass for the $$$? Any input would be great. I obviously would like to buy the Swaros, or Leicas, but like the price on the Minox much better. I am not interested in the Vortex as I did compair and was not near as impressed with them. Thanks for your input Chad

I have the 15 X 56.
Very impressive, great glass for the money.
I know, I know they are not as good as the Swaro 15s, but to my eyes they are 98% for 1/3 the price. Good enough.
I can look through them for hours without eye strain.

Check with Camera Land (add to the left on this page) for demos, you can't beat the price or service.

Thanks for the input, funny you should mention the 15s. I just sent Doug over to cameraland an email asking the difference in quality between the BD 15 ED BRs and the BL 13 BRs. Like I said I was very impressed with the 13s and have been back and forth between 12 to 15 power binos. Thanks again Chad

I have a BD8x32BR Minox and used to own a BD10x42BR. I have always been impressed with the fit and finish of these binos. I think they were well worth the money charged. I have never owned a "big" glass, but have seen many people recommend the exact glass you are debating. They have been favorably impressed. If they are anything like the others I have or had, you will like them.

That said, I now own a 10x42 Vortex Razor and it is nicer and a definite improvement over my BD10x42BR.

FH

FH, I wanted so bad to buy the Vortex, but this weekend looking through them to my eyes they just didn't seem as clear. I guess that is why they all are in buisness? I will try compairing them again though, thanks for the input. Chad

I understand. People think I speak evil when I say that my Minox BD10x42BR were clearer than the Minox HG 10x43 I compared them to. But...to my eyes they were.

I was at the show too on Saturday and had a nice visit with Paul and his cohart at the Vortex booth. They had a 10x42 Razor and a Viper and some Diamondbacks if I recall. Too bad they didn't have a preview of the new Kaibab which is their new "big" bino. It is supposed to be really good and will compete with the glass you are debating.

I did get to look through the new Razor spotting scope and it was really nice. Should be for $1600 but it was really good. Again in that type of place it is hard to really know how good they all are, but you will not be going wrong with Minox. They are terrific glass. I had them before they were really popular and before all the deals that Doug can score for you now.

Have fun and good luck!

Firehawk

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom