Minox 15X58

inline

LAST EDITED ON Jan-12-08 AT 05:44PM (MST)[p]Has anyone used the Minox 15X58? I am trying to find a decent alternative to Swarovski 15's. The post on here seems like a good price.

I really like my Minox 15s. I got them a few months back for a desert Muley hunt, just couldn't spring the big bucks for Swaros. The Minox are bigger and heavier, but you want either one on a tri pod anyway.
When it comes to good optics, quality is often in the eye of the beholder. To my eyes, the Minox are maybe 97% as good as the Swaros, for less than ? the price. I had no problem looking through them for hours on end.
If high power binoculars are something you are going to use a lot, and you can afford it, get the Swarovskis, or Leica Geovids. Otherwise, the Minox are an incredible buy and very functional for long rang glassing/hunting.

I have used the Minox that my friend has. I don't like them at all. Although I am use to looking through Swarovski's. Check out the Steiner bino line, they have some good glass.

Doug at CameraLand has a real good price on the 15x Minox now.
I had the minox, but sold them towards a pair of Leica Duovids to save weight and space in the pack. The resolution was fine enough for long range glassing. The negative was that the eyecups were hard with not-rounded edges, and the diopter adjustment on the focus wheel was easily moved.

Take what you save on the Minox over a pair of Swaros, and go on a hunt.

RR

I have the Minox 15x58,great glass for the price but heavy (got them from Dougs)great guy to deal with.But like "Redrabbit" did,I'm thinking about getting a pair of the Leica Duovids.found myself packing my 10swaros,15x minox &15x45x65fl zeiss.Hell I needed a pack horse just for my optics.lol.~Danny

Its all about the Duovids! I thought about the Minos, but knew I wouldnt be happy wit them and would HAVE to have a seperate pair of 10s so i opted for the 2 in 1 AMAZING pair! Love my Duovids!
Casey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom