minox DCM -digiscoping

sigfour

I really wanted to get into digiscoping. So I purchased this DCM from minox instead of buying a digital camera adapter for my swarovski spotter and taking pics thru it with my "okay" camera.
It was $450+ a year ago, but now only around $150 so I decided to pick one up and see. I really like it. It is very easy to use and takes better pics than I thought I would be able to.It is a camera/video camera and adapter all in one.
You remove the eyepiece from the spotting scope and attach the unit into the body (you need to order specific to your spotting scope). once the batt is charged you can turn it on, adjust the focus on your spotter and take pics and record video and then view/delete images/videos.Battery lasts about 6-8 hrs. It has a 2"x2" or so screen on the back that everyone/anyone can see at once, like on the back of most digital cameras now adays.
It comes with a remote for releasing the shutter and changing between picture and video recording. It also has a half/full zoom botton.
The unit has a SD card slot and small USB for computer hook up/charging.
I will try to posts some pics. I would recommend this product.
-Sig

My first pics were of the moon since it was dark when I opened the package and the moon looked so big a few weeks ago and I had to try it right away, right kids? I would say getting the focus just right is the hardest thing to do, but being able to take lots of pics and delete the bad ones works for me. I eventually took some pics of birds, deer,j avelina and other wildlife that was the original inspiration for me to digiscope. Happy hunting. -Sig
9451minox_dcm_pics_moon_019.jpg

2732minox_dcm_pics_moon_004.jpg

2952minox_dcm_pics_moon_008.jpg

2100minox_dcm_pics_moon_001.jpg

Sigfour, thanks for the update and awesome pictures. Looking forward to seeing lots of pictures of wildlife from the DCM. fatrooster.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom