Minox Flashlight

Fire_Hawk

So I was a lucky winner in Camera Land's runner up drawing last month. I received the following flashlight from Doug: http://www.cameralandny.com/flashlights/minox.pl?page=minox99930

So I decided I would write up an informal review of the flashlight.

It is so small. I was really surprised how small physically this light was. Very handy to carry in a pocket or in my Sitka Ascent cargo pocket. Initially I thought, well we will have to see how much light this little flashlight could put out.

I was really surprised. Now, you need to understand that my experience with flashlights has been limited to Mini Mag and the Mag light and a host of cheaper flashlights. I have had a good experience with my Badlands headlamp etc. I used to use the mini mag daily as an HVAC sales consultant. I would go through one about every 3-6 months. I replaced bulbs etc. but they never seemed to work as good again.

So, as I have used this little Minox light, I have been really impressed. I like the fact that you can adjust the amount of light shining by lightly touching the bottom of the flashlight. You can also adjust to a pulsating light that would work terrific if you were lost or trying to signal someone.

This flashlight throws an amazing amount of light. Way more than my Mag light ever could and it weighs so little. It is said to be waterproof, although I have not had the chance to test that out yet....thank goodness. It does throw a lot of light and I am very impressed. I have used it on a few occasions getting ready for my archery hunt and hiking my way back out in the dark.

I will post more in the future as I have the opportunity to use it more.

Firehawk

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom