Minox HG vs Vortex Razor

Foothills12

Never have been able to look through the Razors and wondered how they compared optically to the HG''s. Trying to find the best mid priced bino out there...

I have never looked through the Razor. But I have looked through the HG and the Viper, to me they are about the same. I went with the Pentax ED's, better bino than either one with my eyes.

Type the title of the thread into the search function. This has been batted around quite a bit with others thrown into the mix.

The short answer is that you are really the only one who will be able to answer your question. It is always somewhat of an unknown just how any given set of eyes will react to any given binocular.

JMO,but the Minox are smaller and have a narrow fov. The Vortex are larger, have a wider fov, and foe me the best image. YMMV.

I liked the view through the Razor 10x42 better than the HG 10x42 as well. To my eyes, there was little improvement moving from the Minox BD10x42BR I had owned to the HG. I definitely noticed a sharper and crisper image in the Razor.

That said, it could have been a bad sample I looked through as I sure hear a lot of great things about the HG. I really liked the Minox BD I had before these Razors though. They were my first really good bino and they are still being used today by my buddy. I also purchased a Minox BD8x32BR ASPH. That is a terrific little bino and I hear the HG version is even better.

I wish I would have bought the 8x42 Razor though. I have a real difficult time keeping the 10x steady for any length of time. I really like them on a Tripod though---WOW!.

Good luck and let us know what you decide. Another that is definitely worth considering is the Cabelas Euro by Meopta. They are terrific.

FH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom