Mobility impaired hunt question

rydub01

I've been looking at hunting different states for a while and decided to look into hunting new mexico, as i was looking through the draw odds i noticed they have mobility impaired hunts, being as im in a wheelchair this caught my attention. does anybody have any experience in new mexico mobility impaired hunts? how does the draw work in new mexico? is it worth it for me to look into? thanks
-Rylee

I have a buddy that hunts the mobility impaired hunts and he has been extremely successful drawing good hunts. I help him on hunts when I can and they have all been quality hunts so far. He has had a lot of luck with the mobility impaired Valles Calderas elk hunts as well.

I have a buddy that hunted them a couple years ago in 16a and shot a monster bull,you should check them out

These are great hunts, especially in unit 16. You will first need to apply to obtain your MI card. The form is on the fish & game website. It doesn't take long to get the card once you send in the completed paperwork. You'll need to have your doctor sign off on it first, of course. Have a friend in AZ who has the MI card from NM and he's hunted elk in 16A and antelope in NM as well, all with good success. Also check the rules. I think NM allows you to shoot from a motor vehicle if you have an MI card. If you need more info, send me a PM.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom