moly coated bullets

F

fuentestm

Recently I was given a couple boxes of ammo with moly coated bullets and wanted to know if the standard oils and solvents are all I need to clean the barrel after shooting or is there another product I should use for cleaning?

JUst standard stuffto clean the gun
molly coated bullets are the best for all guns it acts as a lubricated bullet going down the barrel.

Can you put the moly coating on the bullets if they didn't come that way? I am reloading. I bought the sierra hpbt matchking bullets for my rifle but they only sell the moly coated ones in the 500 qty. I have seen what looks like a spray can with it looking around the internet but haven't really looked into it. And does it affect the accuracy?

it has no effect on accuracy I have never used the spray can for moly I have and still use the original way
I purchased a cheap lyman case cleaner vibrator small one
and use probably 25 round ball bearings about a dime in round size.put a little power moly in the vibrator will approx 50 bullet tips and let it vibrate for 1 to 2 hours and what that does is the ball bearings pound the moly onto the bullets
after they are done vibrating in molly I use a sergical wax that came in the moly kit just a small pinch and vibrate for 15 minits and then you are done
the most reason I do it for is it helps barrell life and reduces fowling of the barrel by over 50% in my rifle and I shoot a lazzeroni warbird 110 grains of powder every shot
normally you would have to clean the barrel every 3 rounds to keep accuracy but with moly I clean it about every 9 to 12 rounds
my kit came from a place called
moly kote
po box 2854
palm desert california
telephone # 619-568-9562
i bought mine about 4 years ago and the kit came with enough moly to go another 4 years a little moly goes a long way

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom