Monroe Archery Elk

Camper_A1

Very Active Member
Here are some pictures of my brother in laws elk he shot with his bow down on Monroe Mountain. We hunted 12 days together and he shot it on the last morning. The weather was hot and there was a full moon most of the last week. We saw and chased a couple bigger ones but always had the wind change directions or something else go wrong. He felt really fortunate to finally get one. He had missed a big 5 point 2 days earlier at 70 yards down low in the cedars but we chalked it up to nerves. The bulls would answer your calls but wouldn't come in. At night they stayed quiet untill about dark. We had a lot of fun but hiked our butts off. It took the 2 of us about 6 ? hours to get the bull back to camp. Enjoy, the first few pictures are of the bull just before he shot it. I was filming it then he stood up to get a better angle for the shot and blocked my view. His first shot was quartering away at 55 yards, and he made a good shot. We heard the bull go down, when he walked up the bull had
gotten back up so he shot it again and that is the arrow you can see in the pictures.
4aaf866044d859af.jpg
4aaf86b44767667a.jpg
4aaf86ee47c48ca1.jpg
4aaf870c47f27ce3.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Sep-15-09 AT 06:42AM (MST)[p]Nice job!! I was hopng you connected when I did not see you Friday. Way to pull it off in the end.

A BIG CONGRATS ON THAT BULL AND HUNTING HARD FOR 12 DAYS. A JOB WELL DONE AND A FINE BULL!

BUGLEMN

Very nice Bull, How big was some of the bulls you saw but couldn't close the deal on. It looks like you guys had a super hunt.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

We chased several in the 350 range and one that was a real monster. Next best chance we had was of a nice 6 x 7. If I get time I'll try and post a picture of it.

Nice job, sounds like you guys had a great hunt. What part of the unit were you guys hunting? I hunted there last year for 12 days too, and am curious where you were.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom