Monroe Muzzleloader Hunt

TallTimber

I will be going to the Monroe unit for the muzzleloading hunt. This will be my first time in the unit and I was wondering if anybody would be willing to share some information about where to hunt. Please e-mail me if you don't want to post it. Thanks Tall Timber.

TallTimber,

I drew out for an archery tage on the Monroe two years ago and had the time of my life chancing elk arround for 21 days befor I finally connected on one. A couple of places that I would recommend looking over are Rock Springs and the Manings Meadow area. I seen elk in both of these area's every time I went out for a mornning or evenning drive.

One word of advice HOLD OUT FOR A GOOD ONE. To many people draw out for this unite and take the first branch attlered bull that they see. I promise you that it is not too hard to find a bull that will score 320-340. You just need to pass up some of the average bulls that are down there.

Good luck and have fun

400bull

Talltimber,
I was on the unit last year on two guided hunts. If you'd like you can page me and I'll get back with you. I'm leaving for my own elk muzzle hunt this weekend, but I can give you an idea of what we saw and where to look. 801-914-1717. fstop

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom