Monster 206" Ohio Whitetail

For all those whitetail hunters out there:
My Uncle Pat Price's opening day Athens County OH buck! We had him on trail camera all summer and he connected on him evening of opening day. DNR green scored 206" with 27" main beams, 19 1/2" inside spread, and 23" outside spread. He has 21 scorable points and broke a 10" tine off since rubbing his velvet off. Buck of a lifetime! Killed with a Barnett Ghost 410 Crossbow. I wish I could've been there for the recovery of him but I was in Idaho chasing bugling elk!

LAST EDITED ON Sep-28-16 AT 07:33PM (MST)[p]Yes he was hunting out of treestand. The buck wasn't discovered until next day around 4PM due to it being gut shot, it was close to 90 degrees that day.

>LAST EDITED ON Sep-28-16
>AT 07:33?PM (MST)

>
>Yes he was hunting out of
>treestand. The buck wasn't
>discovered until next day around
>4PM due to it being
>gut shot, it was close
>to 90 degrees that day.
>

At least the meat did'nt go to waste.

That is a great WT.

When I first saw the photo of the hunter and the deer my first thought was he could not have possibly killed that deer while wearing the clothes he has on. He is not totally dressed in camo. As we all know you have to be wearing several layers of all camo clothes (no matter how warm or cold) to even have a remote chance to kill a deer, or other big game animal.

Then, I realized the photo was taken the day after he shot the animal when it was recovered - you don't need camo to recover an animal.

Bottom line - great job on a great deer.

ClearCreek

Congrats to your uncle on a great deer

Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you
think their right" - 2001
"I can't argue with honesty" - 2005
-Joe E Sikora

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom