Monster Muley from 1954

eelgrass

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON May-29-19 AT 04:51PM (MST)[p]blacktailbuck3x3 asked me to post this photo and article about his uncle's buck that he took in 1954.

It's hard to read but basically he shot it in Colorado. He was driving in his station wagon, spotted the buck, stepped out and shot it.(that's how I usually do it too...:))

The buck field dressed at 318 lbs. The buck scored high enough it was invited to Boone and Crockett's 7th North American Big Game Competition held in NY City in 1959 and got 3rd place in the typical mule deer category. The buck scored 201 and ranked in a tie for 49th (2 way tie) for the largest typical mule deer taken in Colorado.

Mike will fill us in a little more if he wishes. Thanks for sharing, Mike.

98571img6403701.jpg

Dear Eel. Please explain to your friend blacktailbuck3x3 that WE NEED more "WORD OF MOUTH" Stories of Monster Muley Men and Women who had any fond Hunting Memories.

No, there was no Monster Muley internet stuff back then. Yet we sure had folks out Hunting, therefore, they are Monster Muley Men & Women in "Our Past".

Eel, You are a wonderful Man and a Far Larger FRIEND to blacktailbuck3x3. This helping our friends and neighbors tell stories of days gone by is WHY WE HUNT then SIT AROUND A CAMPFIRE. This has gone on since man surfaced on Earth. I Pray it shall Never stop.

Jagerdad :)

Founder Brian; Thank YOU for inventing and maintaining this site.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom