monster nontypical blacktail!

N

Niels

guys, just thought you might want to see some pictures of a pure columbian blacktail buck that is the biggest I've ever seen. He was killed in Covelo, Ca (mendocino county) the last weekend of the season, he is a 25 1/2 inch wide 7x11 you won't believe your eyes. Just go to blacktailcountry.com scroll down and on the left hand side click on message boards, then scroll down again to "here's the pictures" by Dan BTC and click on the that link, it will be well worth your time.

It is a great buck! I saw it on that sight the other night. I hope someday I can run into a blacktail of that calibur...B_B

Hey Neils -- thanks for that great link. I've been pounding the Sierra Nevadas trying to get my sights on any legal buck. After visiting that blacktail link, I think I'll check out the A and B zones. I used to hunt the A zone years ago with a bunch of friends. Everyone's gotten married, busy with kids and work and we never get together the way we used to. Stopped hitting the Coast Mountains when guys started dropping out and temperatures hit the century mark. Maybe it's time to give the blacktails another look-see. Thanks again.

Your very welcome, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I also have a site on blacktails if you're interested at www.geocities.com/knkflca/California_blacktails.html
I hope you get back over to the coast, there is alot of productive public land in the B1 and B2 zones also you might want to consider, like the Yolla Bolly Wilderness area and the Trinity Alps.

Man, two cool blacktail sites now. Saved and bookmarked. Thanks again! I likely won't be getting a B zone tag just yet, since I want to combine the A zone's (Aug-Sept) season with the D5 zone's (Sept-Nov) season next year. If it's not too much to ask, have you any (general) suggestions for the A zone around the Clear Lake area?

RR -- don't know how to do that exactly, I'm no cyber-wonder. You can email me at [email protected]. I'd appreciate any help since I've learned that deer are better at being deer than I am at deer hunting. (I'm sorta embarassed to say how few deer I've actually gotten--especially on this site, so please don't ask.) Much obliged.

Cochise,

Go to the post made by Ridge_Runner and just to the right of his name you will see what looks like two envelopes, click on them and then just write you message/letter to him and then hit the send, nothing to it after that. Gene knows the area good.

Cochise, I wish I could help you out, but I don't know a thing about the A zones, I've never hunted the A zone before. I would try www.blacktailhuntn.com, they might have some info regarding that area.

Surely did podner. Thanks a heap. If'n I get a buck out of the A zone next year, I'm naming him in your honor--the Ridge Runner Buck.

Cochise. No need to do that but thanks. Just hope you enjoy the country and have fun chasing those tricky blacktails around. Good luck.

Ridge Runner

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom