Montana 05 season

bowedark

Montana late season rife hunt
No Guides On Public Land Nonresident

2005Muley.jpg

FH000012.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Dec-15-05 AT 06:34PM (MST)[p]both good ones...congratulations, and thanks for sharing those pics...i think if i'd a shot that nice buck, i'd be smiling 'big time'...

LAST EDITED ON Dec-15-05 AT 08:45PM (MST)[p]I agree....both of those are great animals. I don't think you could wipe the smile off my face on that one. Congrats on a great season.

That is a dandy mule deer, but what do you mean by late season? Montana does not have a late season mule deer hunt

LAST EDITED ON Dec-19-05 AT 11:52AM (MST)[p]"think if i'd a shot that nice buck, i'd be smiling 'big time'... "

He's smiling on the inside littlefoot. You're the best bowdork, nice job.

littlefoot
{ i'd be smiling 'big time'... }

Pick the best picture that represented the animal. Didn't think anyone, would look at my ugly mug. If your looking for a smile have this one smiling well, but he is not too happy.

Bowedark

cat.jpg

>Montana late season rife hunt
>No Guides On Public Land Nonresident
>
>
>
2005Muley.jpg

>
>
FH000012.jpg

I was also not aware that Montana had a late season elk or mule deer hunt at least not for bulls and bucks. You must be saying later in the Montana general season which is 5 weeks. Most eastern MT mule deer hunting districts only allow bucks to be taken for three weeks and those pictures look eastern MT.

Great animals bowdark!
Those are great additions to your 2003 buck and your 381 Missouri bull from 04. You have shot some nice ones.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-06-06 AT 02:59PM (MST)[p]"Most eastern MT mule deer hunting districts only allow bucks to be taken for three weeks."

Where on earth did you come up with that statement? You really need to learn to read the regulations. For the general rifle season only the parts of the CMR on the North Shore of Fort Peck are closed the last two weeks of the season. Even 652 is open all 5 weeks. Duh

I love it when know it alls come on and make total B.S. statements insinuating that a poster is breaking the law. You owe Bowedark an apology and need to learn to read. Sheesh.

Nemont

P.S. Bowedark it still looks like you just got done taking a bite of a crap sandwich. It is okay to smile.

Bowedark, I told you, you would get a tag congrats on the buck and bull, Hatrick

Exacty what I was thinking NeMont. Although I thought all of CMR was on the 3 week. You are a lot more familiar with the area, so I will take your word for it in 652. Either way, a very small percentage of eastern MT is not 5 weeks.

Bowedark, if you want the best shot of the critter get your mug out of the pic. haha... Just kidding, you have done very well in MT the last few years. Best of luck in '06.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-07-06 AT 11:00AM (MST)[p]

mtmiller,

I double checked just to be certain, the CMR portion of 652 and the region 7 districts on the south shore of Fort Peck all still follow the State of Montana season dates.

The portion of th CMR that lies with in these hunting districts:
410,417, 621, 622, 631 and 632 is closed the last two weeks of the season to hunting Mule deer.

So there are not any districts that close 100%. Only the CMR in selective districts. Lands in those districts not controlled by the CMR, ie. BLM, State or Private remain open for the full 5 weeks.

Breaksbull must not read the regs much or at least contact the local and federal fish cops who could have assisted in this.

Nemont

Sorry fella's I was not insinuating anything about poaching I was more or less trying to set the record straight; and if anyone in the state of Montana knows about a late season hunting of elk or deer let me know besides the gardiner hunt!

Breaksbull,

Fair enough. You said that most districts in Eastern Montana close the after three weeks. That simply is not true.

I am not aware of any late hunts available other then Gardiner.

Nemont

does'nt mean squat to me where he shot either damn one of them- he did shoot them though- and they are just fine by me !!!!! both animals are highly respectable for wherever the hell the came from !!!!! congradulations !!!!! any of you fellas from/in montana ever heard a man name of bob bovee, and/or big timber guides ? I am thinking about getting a bull elk/MULE DEER combination guided hunt with them this fall. thought I would ask. thanks.
M WAITE, AZ.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom