Montana 313 Goat

bemis

Just found out I drew unit 313 for Mtn. Goat. Just wondering if anyone out there might have some helpful info. Always willing to repay the favor.

Thanks

i didnt get a response for info on 329 either...
i its not too surprising that you dont get much input on a hunt that only 1% gets to go on....

Goat hunters and sheep hunters are hard to find for specific areas. OIL hunts basically. Good luck and send pics.

I would check out down by the farm lands. I hear there are a few good goats hanging around the barns. Good Luck I know you will find one on the first hour of the first day as usual. If you need two good pack horses I know of a guy.

Congratz on drawing a goat tag.

Find Campfire Lake and your Golden! Go in from the west side of the Crazies.

Dober

A friend had that tag a couple years ago. He went and found some land owners who's ranches butted up against the forest service land as high as possible and went and beat on doors. He was granted trespass(no fee) through their ranch to access for the goat tag with the guarantee that he would not hunt anything else. Cut the hiking way way down and the needed elevation gain. He was mostly around the southern end of the Crazies. He got his goat with much less effort than most folks put in to that hunt, saw quite a few. The crazies are very rugged. You can access MT land ownership maps at the fish and game website, its called cadastral mapping, then just find the numbers. Good luck.

Thanks for taking the time to help out hillrunner, I appreciate it!! I will look into the land ownership maps.

Have a good one!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom