montana additional tags question

rifleman

last year i didn't draw but was lucky enough to get one of 1300 additional tags that became available. last year there was a box to check on your app if you were interested in these additional tags. just wondering if anyone knows if montana is still doing them?

They started a new process for those tags it appears. You have to sign up on the alternate list (closed last week) and they will do another drawing somewhere around the 20th of this month. That's why the box on the applications wasn't there. The only good thing is that people who applied in the original drawing (and lost) get preference in the 2nd drawing.

Rich

well they may have just done away with that system then, because i remember in recent years there being an alternates list. if my understanding is right, the alternate's list is for tags that have been refunded.

Go to their website and go to where you can do an ALS search, once on that page there is a header on the right that takes you to the alternate list information. It is not that easy to find

Rich

talked to a lady at the g&f. she said that this year after the inital draw they had another "mini" draw for the additional tags from the big game combo. she said there was a little over 1000. if you don't get one of those tags its on to the alternates list.

My brother I did not get drawn in the original drawing & we received a refund. The next day we both received a letter from MT stating we were drawn for additional deer tags & all we needed to do was complete the form & return it with $338.00 by early June (4 or 5th) & we would receive a tag. I have already received mine. These tags are not connected to the alternates list. I believe these tags are the "separated deer" tags when a person draws a combo tag & only buys an elk tag. You may want to search their website for more info.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom