Montana Archery HAT TRICK !!!!!

T

Taqukaq

I been waiting on the photos to make this post but I can't hold back any longer..

Some of you may recall a post I made "The Kid Next Door".. ?
Well this young man Josh Emmert whom I have been hunting with since he was 13, (now 24) Tagged out with his bow during the Montana archery season this year!!

1. Five foot black bear he took in the Swan valley, The bear was facing him at 15 yards he he released..the bear turned..the arrow entered behind the shoulder and exited via the juggler out the throat. He bled out inside of 20 feet biting at the entry wound and dropped.

2. 4X4 whitetail rather tall, also out of the Swan Valley. 30 yard shot lung shot,The deer made it about 100 yards before he dropped.

3. 4X6 rag horn bugle bull, Wisdom Mt. He bugled the bull, he came on the run stopping at 8 yards directly in front of him. He released square into the bulls throat. The arrow cut the juggler and the bull went down where he stood. He says when the bull stopped it had the oddest look on it's face when it relized there was a guy with a bow looking him square in the eyes.

I just got off the phone with Josh, I was giving him what for about the photos. I think he might get them in the mail this time. Of all the years for me to decide to come to the Everglades to chase alligators instead of spending the fall season in Montana. there are plenty of photos of our past hunts included in the following link..

~Jeff~

The Kid Next Door
http://www.monstermuleys.info/cgi-b...w_thread&om=4352&forum=DCForumID5&archive=yes

Congrats to him. I remember that post and told my Father about it. Asked him why he didn't take us up to Alaska and stuff to make him proud. LOL That bull story was great. Can't wait for the pics. You sound very proud of him, it comes through in your posts. Congrats to you as well.

Chef
"I Love Animals...They're Delicious!"

Thanks guys, The credit here goes to Josh. He's really worked hard for this. When he took up bow hunting he and I had some our harshest disagreements. I feel as if a hunter needs to be better than perfect with a bow before he starts slinging arrows at elk and deer. He lost the first deer he tried to kill with a bow. I came down on him rather hard over this. It never happened again, he took to using his dog to track when was having difficulty locating wounded animals. Many locals in Montana have called upon him and his dog to help with the same.

( This is a ?must read? related post for hunters searching for lost game) http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID5/5003.html#1

I'm thinking that to gain my respect for his capabilities as a bow hunter he's worked harder at it than he may have other wise. He told me he had been practicing his butt off since the spring turkey season this year. In his closing words in our last conversation he said this.. ( I will classify this as ?Words of Wisdom? for you bow hunters out there.)

?IF You Don?t Practice Your Not Sh*T?

~Jeff~

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom