montana area 481

SHB

Has any one hunted there? Is it as roadless as it appears? are there oilfield type roads that are not shown on my highway maps? Can you navigate the river down to the lake and back?
I have experience in northern New Mexico, nw Wyoming,and Nebraska if that helps to return the favor in any way.

Thanks for any help

SHB: Never hunted it, but I drew that area for this year's goat hunt & will be scouting it during the next couple of weeks. looks like lots of BLM land and some Block Mgt properties. I'd be happy to share info with you - in fact, if you're interested, I'm looking for someone to join me for the hunt. The mrs gets real uncomfortable when I'm off huntin' by myself -I live in Billings MT and the area is about a 2-3 hr drive from home.

Here is my Antelope from 481 last year. I will post a little info soon.
334395.jpg

403792.jpg

Don't worry!!! YOu will have absolutely no trouble getting an antelope there...There are a few roads that would be good to take, the musselshell trail is a good one... Trust me, hunting antelope there is like shooting fish in a barrel :) Get the block management maps too. There are a number of those to hunt as well. Every year we hunt up in that area, we have had easy opportunities to kill average to slightly above average bucks the first day out. I passed on roughly 30 bucks last year before shooting mine on the afternoon of day 2. I don't know how to post pics but he was a decent goat....Saw one goat that was pushing 80" but unfortunately didn't work out with him:)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom