Montana elk landowner permits?

Craig

Very Active Member
I was looking at Huntin fool web site and when you look at the draw odds in the elk category they show some Landowner elk permits. How do these work? Are they like the Landowner deer permits you have to apply for in March? Or are they tags that landowners get and then can sell to anyone they want? Can anyone apply or just Residents?

Thanks

I was looking at the stats for applicants/tags on the state website, and they list draw stats for landowner deer tags in there, but no draw stats for landowner elk tags. Leads me to believe that you cant get one in a draw, and that it would have to be sold by a landowner. Sorry, dunno if thats of any help.

I'm betting what you are looking at is landowner preference tags. Landowners in Montana can apply for special preference in our drawings. Far as I know, there are zero tags or permits for elk available by sale from a landowner, nr or resident. mtmuley

LAST EDITED ON Mar-23-11 AT 09:49PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-23-11 AT 09:48?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Mar-23-11 AT 09:46?PM (MST)

There are NO elk landowner tags in MT.If you go with a sponsored tag you can ONLY hunt on that landowners property/lease and you CANT do it with a deer/elk combo,deer combo only.

Landowner Sponsored Licenses

A Montana resident landowner may sponsor nonresidents for a Deer Combination license. The applicant must conduct all deer hunting on the deeded property of the landowner. It is the applicant's responsibility to find an enrolled landowner.

Obviously the huntin fool website is more for the fools than the hunters.

Thanks mtmuley. That must be what they are. This is what they have for elk unit 410

Resident Landowner Data
Points Applicants Successful Odds
** 17 2 16.67%
0 5 1 16.67%
1 4 2 33.33%
2 2 2 50%
3 3 1 66.67%
Totals 31 8

>2 2 2 50%....how does that
>make sense?

There were two landowners with two points and one of them drew, so the odds for two landowners with two points was 50%.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom