Montana Little Belt mule deer

D

Dmanmastertracker

I am hunting Montana this year, mostly private land near Lewistown and am headed over to scout in the Spring. Can anyone tell me some better areas to check out in the Lewis and Clark NF near there too?

How do you know that you already have a tag? If you are doing landowner sponsored then you can only hunt on that landowners land.

Nemont

you took the words right out of my mount Nemont!

I though you were headed to Nelson this weekend? You see MTMiller? You catch any?

"Roadless areas, in general, represent some of the best fish and wildlife habitat on public lands. The bad news is that there is nothing positive about a road where fish and wildlife habitat are concerned -- absolutely nothing." (B&C Professor, Jack Ward Thomas, Fair Chase, Fall 2005, p.10).

Tommorrow, Sunday, I am heading out. Fished with my 8 year old son today. If mtmiller is around I will hit him up for that drink he promised me.

Nemont

Great, thanks for the info you guys, reminds me of my wife always answering a question with a question. Last I looked at the regs. You can get an over the counter doe tag at the very least, if you are not drawn for the deer/elk combo. I also may go hunt turkey.
-D

You won't know if there are doe tags available until after the annual survey and quota's are set. Good luck and happy scouting.

Nemont

Thanks NE, my family owns the other 500 acre piece I'll be checking out too. If nothing else it will be a nice drive, I just want to scout out some areas before I actually do get drawn.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom