Montana sheep/goat refunda

I called the F&G about it and they said that they were submitted to the Dept of Revenue and we should get them by the end of the week. This is the latest they have ever been. Look at it as an interest free loan for the feds. I get pissed just thinking about it. Why does it take so long???

Nothing here in Utah from them yet.......

Zigga look at how long we have been in Wyo. for deer/antelope... and then add another 3-4 weeks for those refund checks if we don't draw.... haha

Yeah really... MT is about as fast as they come minus ID that I know of. LOL Could be worse!

Its also the state Fish and Game department not the feds Zigga. ;-) They could use all the 'extra' money they can get. IIRC they can't generate any revinue off those funds either i.e. no intrest gained. IMO I think they should be able to make somehting off it. Every little bit would help to keep tag/drawing costs down.

Brian -
I read your article in Hunting the West Magazine.......you don't deserve to hunt this year! :) (At least I think that was you?)
Seriously, congrats on all the animals, great article.
Good luck this year!

Lien2

Well the "end of June" came and went and still no refund for me here in Utah. I hope to get it soon as I am going to use the money to buy my controlled hunt elk tag in Idaho.
Dax

i got mine today the 3 rd
sheep and moose refund.i would rather they gave me a tag. maybe {not} next year

Got mine today also, guess I will send it on to South Dakota for Black-hills deer and a waterfowl license... Who knows, maybe North Dakota will want some money also..

I'm getting a inferiority complex with all the unsuccessful this year. But my sweety still loves me at least.

Nate

Correction, JULY 3rd.......

Have any of you heard of a nonresident getting a call this year from Montana FWP and receiving a tag this year for the tag they should have drawn in 2005, if but not for the computer error that did not allow any nonresident to draw a tag in a unit unless that unit had a minimum quota of 10 total tags?

Horniac

Horniac,

I got the call from the MT FWP that my name was actually drawn last year. I now have the sheep permit for the unit that I applied for in 2005. According to the FWP official the computer was recognizing the 10% quota per unit when it should have been recognizing the quota per region. Drawing a sheep permit is always a shock, but receiving the permit this way was even more shocking.

Roger

Another young gentleman from California got the same kind of call that Roger, above, did. Those are the only two I've heard about but I was told that it impacted upwards of 10 people.

I think the FWP told me it was about 20 people. I was slightly distracted after he told me I had a ram tag. The 20 tags were spread out over sheep, goat, and moose. The official that called me, told me that one person had actually turned down a goat tag. I know of one other guy that got the same type of call for a ram tag. I really admire MT FWP for their honesty. I would have never known without their call and admitting their mistake.

Congrats on the outstanding tag.

My only question is how did this effect this year's draw? Did your tag reduce the quota of permits allowed to non-residents for the 2006 draw? I must admit, it was mighty generous for Montana to correct their mistake. Best of luck to you this fall!

Roger,

Congrats on getting the sheep tag!

I kept reading and hearing that nonresidents were given 10% of the regions quota, but when one looked at the drawing odds report, it was only showing a nonresident drawing if the particular unit had 10 or more tags, so this year I put in only for units that had 10 or more tag quotas.

I was wondering if anyone had noticed the same thing, then Jason Carter mentioned in the Huntin' Fool that he had called the Montana FWP and they admitted that they had a computer glitch last year.

In the new issue of the Huntin' Fool that I just got, Jason stated that Montana had offered tags to those nonresidents that should have drawn last year, so I was wondering if anyone here had actually gotten a tag in this manner. Glad to hear that Montana corrected their error and Roger and others got the tag they should have drawn.

I wouldn't think it would affect this year's draw as they would then have to correct the 2006 draws next year by giving tags to those that should have drawn in 2006 by giving them 2007 tags and then it would just keep going on and on like this every year.

Horniac

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom