Montana Wall tents opinons plz

I have a montana wall tent 12x17 I got it 8 years ago for about $600.00. I use it about 2 weeks a year in CO. hunting elk. it has a wood stove and will sleep 5 with cots.I use a trap for the floor $20.00. and I got the angles for the frame from kwik kamp $110.00. and the pipe for the frame from the hardwear store $60.00 I have not used it for the 2 years. with all the weight of the tent, pipes,angles,tarp.and the time to set it up. I pick up a Deluxe Alaknak II 12x20 tent from Cabela's and can set it up in half the time with half the weight for the same $$. get the tent bigger than you think you will use so you can set up some chairs and a table in side for rain days and cold nights you can play some card with the extra room.
good luck, Ron

Hey Ron do you like the cabela's tent better because it is easier to set up and lighter?

Do you feel that the quality is as good?

I was trying to decide between the 2 of those,
if the montana was as light and easy as the one from cablela's which would you perfer to use?

thanks

I have a 12x14 Mont. with a cylinder stove. It is heave but when its windy and cold you can't beat it. Takes 2 guys about 1/2 hr. to set everything up. cots stove and all. Will hold 3 with cots and a card table and chairs and all gear.

Last year in Montana it was below 0 for a couple of nights. Put a little coal in the stove and a good bag and your good to go.

buckshot

If you live anywhere close to salt lake city utah
I would suggest you try kirkhams on state street they
have a great tent at a good price, less than cabelas or
montana..

Anyone have any info on the Cabela's Big Horn? II Tent 12-ft. x 14-ft. Outfitter tent and frame under $600. Looks easier to setup than some of the canvas wall tents and you can still put a stove in there. Not sure how it would hold up with some heavy snow.

I have 3 Big Horn II tents. you can set one up in 10 min. by your self. it has room for a wood stove and maybe 3 cots.this past year I cut out the back wall on one and butted it up to one other tent to make it 12x24 we had room for 6 cots with a propane stove for heat. the frame on the tent will hold up with the snow and wind. if you get one buy the optional roof panel protector.and a spark arrester for the wood stove. the hot embers will put small holes in the roof. I got my tents from cabela's side walk sales thay list for $600.00 I payed under $50.00 per tent for thim and are like new. the Deluxe Alaknak II 12x20.I have list for $800.00 I got it for $160.00 it was new but missing one side pole. The weight and time to set it up these tents had me leve the canvas wall tent at home the past 2 years.
RON

Ron - Thanks for the info on the Big Horn II, looks like that's the route I'll go especially if I can find one at the side walk sale.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom