Montana wolf hunt on televison

ColoradoOak

Very Active Member
Looks like The Sportsman Channel will be airing a MT wolf hunt next week. Good job, Big Fin. I look forward to seeing these episodes. And to think that if SFW and BGF had gotten their way, this hunt would not have occurred! I'm glad there were people working against them to ensure that hunters now have the ability to manage wolves.

A good promo here:

YES........I CANT WAIT TO SEE THIS 2 PART WOLF HUNT, I'LL BET RANDY DID A BANG UP JOB.......HIS STUFF IS ALWAYS GOOD. THANKS RANDY...................YD.

Minnesota and Wisconsin are holding wolf hunts too this year...something SFW/BGF said wouldn't happen if Simpson-Tester passed. Good thing they were wrong per usual.

Looking forward to the episodes!

"Whatever you are, be a good one."
- Abraham Lincoln

Thanks, guys. I hope you like it. Given the "love letters" showing up in my email, I know a few people who don't like it.

After 17 years of being way too involved in the wolf issue, it was fun to get a chance to actually hunt wolves. And even more fun to bring the excitement of that hunt to the TV screen.

Thanks to all who spent years and years helping us get to the point of state control. I began to wonder if it would ever happen.

"Hunt when you can - You're gonna' run out of health before you run out of money!"

I AM PLANNING MY FIRST WOLF HUNT RIGHT NOW, JUST AS EXCITED ABOUT THE WOLF HUNT AS ANY HUNT BEFORE!!!! LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR PRODUCTION RANDY.......GOOD LUCK.......YD.

>MNhunter are you going to apply
>I think I am going
>to and then if drawn
>I will take my buddies
>little black gun

You bet I am. Not sure Ill even see one but I'll do my best

"Whatever you are, be a good one."
- Abraham Lincoln

I talked to the DNR just a little bit ago and they say we shouldn't have the problem they did out west because nobody will be able to get our personal information and send us the hate mail if we would be successful.

Great show Randy. Loved it! I'm not gonna apologize for being a wolf hunter either. Not to anyone. Can't wait for Part 2. mtmuley

Never hunted wolves before, but hunt a lot of coyotes. Wondering why you call out in the wide open so often when they can see you so easily?

Traditional >>>------->

Thanks ColoradoOak. I am excited to see the film.

Man, I am glad we can hunt Wolves in Idaho and Montana...COME ON WYOMING!

HorseCreek,

I thought the same thing. I guess it was more for the camera than anything else. My guess is it is something they thought about adding after the hunts had taken place.

With a less than 1% hunter success (as per Big Fin) I would imagine the tag sales will fall after the novelty wears off. Eventually wolves will have to be aerial hunted and trapped to keep the numbers in check.

Eel

I never miss On Yer Own. One of the best shows on the channel. However part 1 was a bit boring IMO. Since I'm sure we'll see a kill on part 2, I'm waiting in anticipation...

"Eventually wolves will have to be aerial hunted and trapped to keep the numbers in check"

Unfortunately that will probably never be allowed again in the lower 48, except for specific cases of depredation. But I will bet is will never be allowed again for widespread use.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

I watched the second episode last night. Awesome job Randy. I can't wait to head out this fall with a wolf tag in my pocket. I'm gonna keep after them as long as the season goes. We waited a long time to be able to hunt wolves. Now guys just need to get out and do it. mtmuley

Thanks, guys. Much kinder comments than the "love letters" some felt compelled to send me today. You guys would crack up if you read some of the things these people write. I guess it is OK to make death wishes toward a hunter, but imagine the fiasco if a hunter lost his marbles and wished death upon a wolf worshiper.

After being waaaaaay too involved in wolf politics over the last seventeen years, it was with great excitement that we got to hunt them last year. Will be hunting them again, and getting my traps ready, now that MT has a trapping season.

"Hunt when you can - You're gonna' run out of health before you run out of money!"

GREAT SHOW RANDY.........I REALLY ENJOYED IT. MAKES ME PLAN HARDER FOR MY FIRST OF MANY WOLF HUNTS. CONGRATS ON EVERYTHING...............YD.

Maybe consider a future show about trapping those things? I'd love to see one in a trap or snare. Of course, that would tip the left completley over.

Great great show Randy! It's obvious you were fired up! My son and I never miss an episode, most ethical well produced tv show on today, one of the only shows on TV where I don't have to answer my son's questions of "Dad, wasn't that an unethical shot?" coming from a 10 year old that tells you something about these other shows huh!!! Again, great show thanks for all that you do for the sport!
Spear

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom