Montec Bloodtrails

They give fine blood trails. As long as they are shaving sharp! I'd be more concerned about their molded metal construction than bloodtrails, but that's just me. They obviously work for a lot of people, I've just had a couple bad experiences with them snapping off at the ferrule. I like the design of the head, just prefer one made of machined steel. I shoot the VPA Terminator for that reason.

8564sergios_pics_2710.jpg

I've always had easy to follow blood trail with the montecs.

make a good shot and i imagine they leave a good trail to follow. i thought i made a good shot on an elk with a montec a few years ago. After finding very little blood, I began to wonder about the shot. The elk ended up going about 400 yards before expiring and i noticed my shot was a little high in the lungs. the last 100 yards of tracking became increasingly easier to follow. my guess it took a while for the blood to feel the lungs up enough to pour out. The elk had great entry and exit holes though. Shoot them from the mid section and down a few inches and they will perform great in my opinion.

every one will tell you to make sure they stay sharp. for some reason they dont.

I shoot tekans from g5. i love them. sharp, deadly. blood trails like you wouldn't believe.

It was a big bodied 2 point.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom