Moose Are a Leading Cause of Climate Change. No, I'm Not Kidding...

HikeHunt61

Very Active Member
Quote from the article making the claim:

Researchers claim that moose are potentially a leading cause of climate change and that the species should be balanced, suggesting they are "one of the biggest potential single sources of carbon emissions from wooded parts of Norway."

The Norwegian University of Science and Technology studied moose in Norwegian forests for several years and concluded that the species have a major effect on vegetation growth and are altering the carbon cycle by dining on tree buds. "Moose are an ecosystem engineer in the forest ecosystem, and strongly impact everything from the species composition and nutrient availability in the forest. A grown animal can eat 50 kilograms of biomass each day during summer," Gunnar Austrheim, an ecologist at the NTNU University Museum, said in a press release.

Here is the article. Read it if you dare:

Indeed. We should attack Norway's moose. Bigger bulls eat more, so bonus for trophies. All in the name of climate change!

These climate researchers sure have wonderful imaginations. Either that or they're desperate for grant money.
I kind of changed my mind. I think the guy who wrote this has been trying to draw a moose tag for over 20 years with no luck and he's pretty bitter about it. He wants to see tag numbers increased.

I like it. Some hunters infiltrating the eco movement. Gotta give props to any grounded individual willing to make THAT kinda sacrifice.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom