Moose area 38,41 (deer hunt)

finnman

Yes, confusing title I know!
We did a cow moose hunt last year in the Bighorns and enjoyed it, so my friend put in for a 38-4 tag this year. We also plan to deer hunt since the seasons coincide. Here is the issue, which deer tag to apply for? The moose area is large and covers several deer units! From region W to D, units 76,77,78,79, 80, 81, and 82!!
So which deer tag would correspond to the best are to find a cow moose?
I have been doing some research and it appears that the Sierra Madre range has been recovering from the harsh winters of a few years back. Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of this area? PM's are much appreciated!
Thanks for your attention!
Finnman

Aren't units 38 and 41 in the snowies? I hope so, because I applied for moose unit 38. Elk units 38 and 41 are in the bighorns.

You better get used to disappointment!
34 is the bighorns, we hunted cow moose there last year!
38,41 is the snowies and Sierra Madres.
The problem with 34 is there were no other tags that corresponded to the opening weekend of the moose hunt where were hunting moose.

Re-read your post, and I am an idiot. I get what you are saying now. I see a lot of moose in 38. Watched 5 Bulls chase a cow around during my elk hunt up there.

We have all had those moments!! Lol!
With a cow tag I was hoping to hear about a bull chasing 5 cows around!
If you were going in there to look around which drainages would you start looking at first?

Once I find out if I drew my cow tag for 38 I will let ya know where I usually see them. If you are looking to hunt the Sierra's, I will be of no help though, have never been there.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom