moose hunt in north slope summit in utah

E

exiss

need help drew this tag. and the freind that was going to take me got killed in a wreck. need to know where to start to look for the best place to go. do have horses so getting back in is no problem.thanks exiss

Most of the time I see them east of the Mirror Lake Hwy. There are probably still quite a few near Whitney Res. too. Don't put too much pressure on yourself in Sept. as I have seen some good ones in Oct.

exiss

It really doesn't matter where you start looking, the moose are where you find them. Seriously, pick an spot and then go scout it out. I've seen moose in every drainage on the N Slope and some real good ones at that. With horses you're in good shape to pack back into some out of the way places (although you can find them right along the road too). If you want some specific places send me a PM or eamil.

Smokepole

LAST EDITED ON May-14-10 AT 02:43PM (MST)[p]I think I have the same tag as you for moose is the unit 906? Looking for someone to hunt with , from Michigan any interest?
From the emails I have had getting a moose doesn't seem like it's going to be to hard, just finding a big one. If you have horses I have lot's of area'guy's have sent me. If you want to talk about this either email your number or here is mind 231-773-6591
Thanks Brian

>LAST EDITED ON May-14-10
>AT 02:43?PM (MST)

>
>I think I have the same
>tag as you for moose
>is the unit 906? Looking
>for someone to hunt with
>, from Michigan any interest?
>
>From the emails I have had
>getting a moose doesn't seem
>like it's going to be
>to hard, just finding a
>big one. If you have
>horses I have lot's of
>area'guy's have sent me. If
>you want to talk about
>this either email your number
>or here is mind 231-773-6591
>
> Thanks Brian
I have sent PM's to Brian with ideas. Couldn't hurt to hook up with him? Good luck on your hunt! Wish I had the tag!!!!

I think you just drive up to the moose corral and pick out one you like! They are pretty much all over the area, but they can move around so where you see them scouting may not be where you find them during the season, especially if the rut has started. I recommend you have acceess to some serious packing ability once you get one down. I killed a small moose, probably 2 or three years old, several years ago and we fully loaded 3 horses getting it out.

LAST EDITED ON May-15-10 AT 05:55PM (MST)[p]>I think you just drive up
>to the moose corral and
>pick out one you like!
> They are pretty much
>all over the area, but
>they can move around so
>where you see them scouting
>may not be where you
>find them during the season,
>especially if the rut has
>started. I recommend you
>have acceess to some serious
>packing ability once you get
>one down. I killed
>a small moose, probably 2
>or three years old, several
>years ago and we fully
>loaded 3 horses getting it
>out.
Next time try gutless method,why carry extra bones out? Thank me now or thank me later, it's all good!

>I usually see a ton up
>around Whitney when deer hunting
>up there. Some years have
>seen more moose than deer.
>

i am pretty sure whitney reservoir does not fall in the north slope summit boundries. my buddy had the tag two years ago and whitney res was part of the chalk creek unit you might want to double check that.he ended up taking a very nice bull near lyman lake

Spirit Lake is with in the West Daggett unit......

But you could go due west out of Spirit Lake and end up with in your unit boundary.

Exciting for you!

Robb

Congrats. Best of luck. Keep us posted. My wife and son have 14 points, myself and two other sons have less, but five chances. Always looking to see how the moose hunters have done. Wifes hunt would be fun, but she's not going to hike and horse back in for miles.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom