Moose results getting close!!

hunter

Moose results are getting pretty close! Starting to loose some sleep, I can hardly wait! Any one remember when they came out last year? It says May 8 but it seems like it was a few days early last year? Sure hope it is not bad news again!!!

My Fall is planned around one tag, which I probably won't even draw. How hard would it have been to post the results the first of April? I want to get out of the WY moose vacuum. Less tags, more apps, higher costs, longer waits. Just give me a tag to shoot a 3 year old 35"er with my boys.

-------------------------
www.sagebasin.com

A guy at work called they said the draws done all we're waiting for is them to post the results, I burnt my max sheep points I better draw before my dad gets to stoved up to go

Packout, You sound exactly like I feel. Just send me the dang tag, so I can shoot a young bull, and get on with life. When I started applying I was excited to shoot a great bull, now every F & G person I talk to, say the moose are in big trouble. Anyway good luck to all.

area 4 my dad drew it last year with less than max points and I didn't get to go this year should be my year I hope

Ya I noticed this is the only draw result I expect to be posted in the entire month of May. About everything else is in June. A tag here would make the long wait tolerable. Should have a mathematical chance maybe 25% with my points. Eager to get off the $75/year treadmill.

Just called game and fish since lost hunter got me going with the guy from work called bit lol!!! They said draw will be held the first and results the 8th.But i dont think so cause both are saturday.Wished they would just get to it

The tenative draw date is today...I'm thinking there's a good chance for results midweek...I'm not in for moose, but have 14 sheep points as a nonresident and have a reasonable shot at a tag...

If you go online to the WY G&F website and try to look at results, the draw webpage is disabled. You can still check your preference points, so I am going to guess that tomorrow will be the day. Same thing happened last year...Drew on Monday or Tuesday, the website went done on Friday and electronic results were up on the following Monday or Tuesday. G&F did do the draw early last week.
WyMo

The guy at work's wife works for the regional office, but when we called her later she told us not till the 1st. All this waiting is about to drive me nuts

There is an announcement today on the WG&F website that draw results will be posted 8 AM MST tomorrow.

The G@F site says tommorow at 8 am YIPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like tuesday is the day. Sure hope it reads a little diffrent this year? Maybe something like successfull. Afer 11 years you think you might have a decent chance of getting a tag.
We will see tomarrow morning. Good luck!!!!!

My luck is holding,last year I'm one of 3 that didn't draw a moose tag with number of points in unit and once again no tag this year when I should have been almost a sure deal.

I was denied also. These low quality, low success units keep taking more points to draw every year.

Best of luck to the rest of you.

www.sagebasin.com

Looks like I'll be sheep hunting better blow some cash on a gym membership tomorrow and a new backpack and some more gear a new bow some new clothes, boots, some bear spray

looks like the "old guy" gets to hunt moose this fall, 40+ yrs of applying finally paid off for him! Now the fun starts with scouting and some fishing along the way!

The big UN here guys. I went in as a Non-Res with 10 pts in unit 10. Good luck guys....so who got my tag?

Unsuccessful here for mt goat as well. long shot odds but at least I'm not out any fees for points. I didn't get into the points chase for sheep and moose at the beginning so didn't think it was worth getting started a few years ago.
Congratulations to all those who got lucky and drew.

Holy crap! looks like I got a tag in unit 5. Took 10 points and only a 50% chance of the tag this year so I feel pretty lucky. Cant wait to start the process of getting to know the unit.Any info on this unit would be a big help?

No moose or goat for me. No surprise, I was not expecting to draw.

I'd rather chase mule deer anyway. And maybe I'll shoot a cow elk and make the world a better place.

Yea chester I thought I remember reading that ICMDEER had an area 5 tag last year. Surely he is not holding out pics on us!

Well, It looks like a couple of us got lucky? It is kind of a wierd feeling when you really get a tag, Deep down you really dont thing you will get a tag but when you do, it takes a few days to sink in. I have heard mixed results on how moose meat is. Some say it's great, and some say DRY and a little less than tender? I will have to throw another post up and see what everyone thinks.Good luck to those who got lucky this year, hope to see some pictures as the scouting continues.Just got the maps of unit 05, cant wait to go have a look around.

I shot a unit 4 bull in 2002, and the meat was EXCELLENT! I shot my bull early, before the rut, with a bow, and perhaps taking him prior to rutting helped with the quality. Moose is very good if you get one that isn't all rank, and you take good care of it.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom