Moose Unit in Idaho

NevadaJames

Hey Guys,
Just trying to get some info on the best hunt unit for Moose in Idaho for a Disabled Veteran Hunt for 2018. I have seen quite a few in Unit 55 and also Unit 66,69 but just wanted to see what everyone is saying. Thanks

James Hamilton
Freedom Hunter?s
Outreach Coordinator (West Coast)
(775)233-7322
[email protected]
www.freedomhunters.org

LAST EDITED ON Dec-05-17 AT 04:15PM (MST)[p]I had 60 this year. Had a great hunt. I too am disabled and I felt this was a good hunt with plenty of roads/atv trails. Check out my thread here in this ID forum. I'd highly consider 69-2 as well I've spent a lot of time there this November and saw a ton of moose/bulls. If you draw keep us posted I'll point you the right direction

Units 54 and 55 have both had huge bulls killed in them the last couple of years but have low drawing odds. I would agree with Oneleg that 69 and 60 are both very good units with average draw odds. I had the 61-3 moose tag this year it is a relatively easy to draw tag but the unit is not as good as it used to be. My opinion there are to many large predators in the Island Park area.
46cfa7275632b29c.jpg

Hi James! What I know is this...SE Idaho is river bottom private property along the corridors, forest service in the island Park and Palisades areas, and a mix around Tex cr. North Idaho is forest service and timber company.my wife got a 39 3/4" bull in 8 a few years back, and I've filled a cow tag with archery in 63 a dozen yes ago. The tags in central Idaho are supposedly tough due to wolves. I've seen good bulls in Kilgore, Spencer, medicine lodge, and leadore over the years, but not many.

I think the OP is talking about the disabled hunt tag program where Idaho gives out 5-10 tags a year to disabled vets for any moose, deer, elk, antelope, bear tag in the state. I picked unit 54 for my hunt and my story is in this months Eastman's Hunting Journal that just came out.

Congratulations on the bull. You must have been one of the hunters that used deadline outfitters for the hunt.

Yes, we had 3 moose hunters in camp...regular tag holder, superhunt tag and DAV tag and put 550 inches of moose on the ground.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom