Moose

mntman

Long Time Member
Who is chasing moose this year in CA, AK or lower 48?
My Dad, buddy Bret and myself are headed to Bethel, AK to hunt with Papa bear again! only 131 days, 5 hours, 8 minutes till we leave. No not excited, just don't want to miss our flight... :D

some past pics of our moose hunts.
31991995mn1.jpg

82322008ak1c.jpg

34152008ak2c.jpg

77952011ak5.jpg

19842011ak1c.jpg

7412011ak4.jpg

21862011ak6.jpg

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

moose drop/float hunts are going up every year for AK. Dad and I were in your same shoes, after our MN moose hunt we kept saying we need to go to AK but every year we would come up with some lame excuse and push it out another year, 10 years we did that.
Finally I basically booked us a hunt at the ISE show with out Dad there. That was the best move I ever did!

Our OIL trip has turned into the 3rd one this fall and our 4th trip will be next year to Kodiak for deer, caribou and fishing.

Mntman

Great pics, Mntman.

My credit card got hit for a Utah OIL tag. Problem is...it could be either my daughter for bull moose, or me for bison. Both with few points, so it's a random tag either way. Really hoping it's my daughter for bull moose. She's only 13 y/o and it would awesome for her to get a moose tag right out the gate. I am in no hurry to hunt bison, but will enjoy it either way.

>Great pics, Mntman.
>
>My credit card got hit for
>a Utah OIL tag.
>Problem is...it could be either
>my daughter for bull moose,
>or me for bison.
>Both with few points, so
>it's a random tag either
>way. Really hoping it's
>my daughter for bull moose.
> She's only 13 y/o
>and it would awesome for
>her to get a moose
>tag right out the gate.
> I am in no
>hurry to hunt bison, but
>will enjoy it either way.
>

thanks, that is a sweet tag either way!!! hoping one day to get a shiras tag. Good luck hope you share your success pics come fall!

Mntman

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom