Morel Mushrooms Anyone?

berto

Very Active Member
i've taken my family out several times this summer to pick this delicious fungus...anyone else do this?

i fry up a few while they're fresh and then dry the rest for later use. we have enough now that my wife has kinda hinted that we have enough, if you know what i mean :)

Try the larger ones with this brew: Saute' celery,green peppers and oinons in butter for a short while (keep them crispy). Boil one lobster tail and remove and shread the meat. Mix the lobster and sauted veggie's. Stuff the mix in the shroons and bake at 300 for about 15 min.(pre heated oven) Gaaawd I sound like that Martha Steward Bit%@.. take them outta the oven and place um on the BBQ along side a couple good Elk or Moose steaks for another 10 min's or so...This makes for a dandy side dish. Don't pass by the "Chicken Mushrooms" while out stocking up on Morels. They are as easy to identify as morels as they have no lookalikes. You will find them both in the same areas,I have some cookin' structions for them as well if you have the interest.

later,
~Jeff~

LAST EDITED ON Jul-02-04 AT 02:56PM (MST)[p]Taqukaq,

ever try "piney" mushrooms? they are a fungus that needs to be cooked longer than others so they firm up a bit.

i like the flavor and texture of giant puffball shrooms as well.

i set a new record for myself this spring when i found morels, puffballs, and pineys in the same area in the same day...if i had only known to look for chicken shrooms...

i'm writing this and drooling as if it's almost supper time!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom