Motel in Saratoga, Wyoming--Hunt in Unit 52- Antelope

Jerry

The motel I used is the Copperline Lodge on Rochester Street, in Saratoga, plus we ate at The Wolf Hotel numerous times. Great lodging & fine eating. Dan is the Motel Manager-- Super nice fellow.
Rates are $ 85 night. Well worth the price ! ??

Only thing to be aware of in Saratoga, NO early breakfasts in Saratoga, only at the 2 convenience stores, ConocoPhillips or Kum & Go.
Great town to stay in ! Very nice accommodating friendly people too.

Jerry Gold
Ft Collins, Colorado
307-772-1623 cell
EM: [email protected]

Spent a few days bush camping there last year and we'll be in the area again the rest of this week. Pretty cool area with the fishing, camping, hunting, hot springs, local hospitality, along with learning the customs and cultures. Great people and part of the world.

"Courage is being scared to death but
saddling up anyway."

And how was the hunt?
Going over Wednesday evening for a day hunt on Thursday.
We do light breakfast and then maybe get into town for lunch or a good supper.
Locals folks are great and the big money folks hardly come into town.
Glad you had a good time.

wytex,
Shoot me a pm after your Thursday hunt. Would love to hear how the hunt went and about antelope #?s. My Brother and I are taking our kids into that unit next Thursday through Sunday for their hunt. Staying at the Hacienda hotel.

Good luck!!

Looked long & hard. Never saw an antelope I wanted so going back last 10 days of season. Numbers seemed down too overall. My Son in Law took a decent buck on his 3 rd day. Actually disappointed in quality & quantity of antelope & bucks. I was there in ?05, much much better then. Season goes thru 10/31 on my tag. A 52-2 would be better, it goes thru 11/15 I believe. 2 more weeks. Big help.
Good Luck ? & Good Hunting !
Jerry Gold
Fort Collins, Colorado ?

Thanks Jerry for the update -our kids & father have the 52-2 tag. We will be out there next week. They will not be picky or looking for a trophy so hoping we can just find a few bucks. Fingers crossed!!

>wytex,
>Shoot me a pm after your
>Thursday hunt. Would love to
>hear how the hunt went
>and about antelope #?s. My
>Brother and I are taking
>our kids into that unit
>next Thursday through Sunday for
>their hunt. Staying at the
>Hacienda hotel.
>
>Good luck!!

pm sent

We are here right now and the numbers from last year is quite a bit lower. Seen a couple maybe mid 70s bucks but most are dinks. Rutting pretty hard so we are getting a good show.

saddling up anyway."

Good to know-we are taking youth hunters who won't pass on much. Are you seeing enough animals to give them a good hunt? They have 52-2 tags.
Any advice or tips would be much appreciated. Either way we will be giving it our all out there starting next Thursday morning ??

Thanks a bunch to all who offered info & tips for this hunt!! Our group filled 3 buck tags yesterday and had a great hunt in the snow, wind, and cold. The Antelope were extremely spooky & I was a little worried about getting good shots but we figured it out & covered some country and got it done.

Here is a pic of my oldest boy?s first antelope buck-he was stoked!!

769996d04b588fe1d4cc0a15e3590f7187460.jpeg

Good to learn y'all had a great time. He looks happy with his buck and rightfully so!!

saddling up anyway."

>Thanks a bunch to all who
>offered info & tips for
>this hunt!! Our group filled
>3 buck tags yesterday and
>had a great hunt in
>the snow, wind, and cold.
>The Antelope were extremely spooky
>& I was a little
>worried about getting good shots
>but we figured it out
>& covered some country and
>got it done.
>
>Here is a pic of my
>oldest boy?s first antelope buck-he
>was stoked!!
>
>
769996d04b588fe1d4cc0a15e3590f7187460.jpeg

Congrats all around!!

Yes-- I went back for last 10 days to Saratoga for 52-1 hunt. Didn't find anything I really wanted to take big buck wise. Nothing better than approx mid 70's my best guess . So I went home with zero. Tag soup. It's happened many times over many years. I was going to just drop a buck during last 3 days, but the snow & cold & wind hit hard plus foggy weather too. Went home to Ft Collins , Co &'said wait till another year !
Disappointed in the numbers & quality of bucks overall. Far fewer antelope than last time I was there in '05. Wish I had better news !

Jerry Gold
Ft Collins , Co
E M : [email protected]

Sorry to hear that. We took a couple of decent bucks but yes agree numbers looked down this year.
Saw some great bucks all on private so they are there.
Did you hit the south part of the area, seems to be where they come up for winter.

Sorry for delayed response ! Holidays ! Yes-- I hit the south part hard, nothing of any size. Best bucks bail to private & stay there till season is over. They know the game well. ??????? Jerry Gold ? Ft Collins, Colorado

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom