Mount Everest Deaths

Wow. I never had any desire to do something that extreme. Bowhunting in grizzly country is dangerous enough for me.

I've had a long time interest and fasination with Everest. I don't have any desire to climb it but I've read a bunch of books and follow the attempts every year. There are several "live" updates on the internet. May is prime time to check it out.

Eel

you could eat mallory jerky up there if you were starving....

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Usually the bodies are left up there. Very rarely do they retrieve the body. It usually takes most of the day to climb up and down, under your own power using bottled oxygen, much less dragging something back. I have heard of a few bodies that have been retrieved, but usually they have to wait until the weather gets better to go and get them, which usually is the off season climbing. Also the sherpas go up the mountain to put out new ropes, ladders, and climbing hooks every year. I have respect for people that go up there, but I don't think there is enough money in the world for me to go up that high.
WVBOWAK

Though i have fished where i knew there were none to be had, i have had no desire to ever clime a mountain that has no Muleys.

Joey

Hey sage!

There's a PISSCUTTER at the top!:D

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!

Good Morning Bessy! Well, that puts climbing the mountain in a whole different light!!

Just climbing to be climbing just never made no sense to me at'll! :)

Joey

If you want to read a good book, read "In To Thin Air" by John Krakauer (SP?). That thing sucked me right in and gives you a whole new perspective on those crazy SOB's. I don't know how true it is but I've heard rumor that 90% of all climbers lose some part of their body on those climbes. Be it toes, fingers, nose, ears etc. Frostbite is a gaurantee!!!

It's always an adventure!!!

If you read into thin air, Then The climb is a must.
Anatoli Boukreev, tells his side of what happened on that expidition, much different account than Krakauer's.
I gotta believe Boukreev's story is closer to the truth of what happened that day..

John Krackaeurs books are more about the story and less about the truth. his books are not documentaries.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom