Mount Wagner

W

Willy_P

Would anyone here be willing to share a little bit about the mountain as far as how much pressure the area gets, water (drinking), etc??

If you are talking about Mt. Wagner in the Wyoming Range it gets quite a bite of pressure during the hunting seasons. It is popular during the deer hunt.

If you look at that mountain during hunting season it starts to take on a blaze orange color. It gets hamered with hunters.

I'm assuming that Red Top does also as well as the Pinnacles area ?? Both those look like there is a LOT access to them with ATV's etc. Thanks for letting me know about the pressure on Wagner.

That hole area gets a lot of hunting pressure because of the ATV access. If you want I can recomend a couple places for you that are not all that hard to get into but don't recieve nearly as much pressure as the other places.

I'd love any info you want to share. I just had a packer that offered to pack me into the Red Top area for what I thought was too much and I really couldn't see that area not being under a lot of pressure. I'm basically looking for an area in G to bowhunt as the draw is way easier than over at Muddy Gap where I have hunted since the 80's. It kills me to leave that area as I know where to find water up high and can stay as long as I can stand it up there spiking out. I do have an area around Afton that looks like it might be too hard for lots to go to and has no atv's allowed. We will see if it is where you are thinking.

I hope you guys have better luck than me as to getting away from ATV's.
Twice this past season,in region W I had them spoil a stalk in an area where they weren't allowed.I came really close to performing a"Wyo tuneup".

Herb

The atv's are a PItA over near Douglas where I antelope hunt! WYO tune up??? would that involve a 30-378 and a gear case on an atv??? :)

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom