Mountain Goat kills hiker in Washington

They dispatched the goat because..........it was going to kill again???

Sad deal but it would be nice to hear details to try and put this all together.

They say these goats aren't native to the area. I'm not saying I agree with that but that's what the park service says. A few years ago they tried to kill them all but some slipped through the cracks. (they were hurting the ecosystem they say) They are rebounding and dominate this trail. They do this all the time but it hasn't ended with a death yet. They shoot them with paint ball guns but that doesn't help. I've shot pictures of goats across the west and canadian provinces and I've never run into goats this aggressive. I wouldn't take pictures of them without griz bear spray there...

www.shawnmccully.com

Shawn
I am so impressed my mouth is open catching flies. Absolutely I believe the best nature photography I have seen. Thank you for posting those incredible shots.

Husker

I knew goat hunting was dangerous but I didn't think it was because of the GOATS! Wow, too bad for the guy that got the horn!

Zeke

Interesting that the reporter calls the Billy a ram.
Let's not be giving sheep a bad wrap for something a crazy goat did! LOL
And I wasn't referring to Zeke either!

Thank you so much Husker. I work hard at it as a fun hobby. I post them on my site for friends and family to enjoy. I look up to guys on here like Tony Bynum, Rod Sinclair, and Vince Martinez.

Looking back on my trip out where this guy died, I should have taken some pictures of the polka dot goats. They shot them with red pain ball guns and the red faded to pink. I was disgusted I hiked out that far and they did that to the goats I just turned around and went back. Now it would be interesting to have those photos. If the goat they describe is a big billy, I'm pretty sure I know which one it is. There are also a few nannies that hang around on the trail with their kids.

>Shawn
>I am so impressed my mouth
>is open catching flies.
>Absolutely I believe the best
>nature photography I have seen.
>Thank you for posting those
>incredible shots.
>
>Husker

www.shawnmccully.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back