mountain goat tags?

Pretty wide open question. I would suggest looking at state regs but you would be better off booking a guided hunt in BC or Alaska. At least you can go now and not wait YEARS unless you are REAL lucky.

Archer

I'm guessing it would take at least 10+ years of applying in various states to draw a mountain goat tag. Unless you happen to be a resident of one of the western mountain states with a stable huntable population, you might get drawn sooner. Or be extremely lucky!

I suggest you go to the Hunts & Tags section of Monster Muleys. Then, click on fully guided hunts, then click on Goat, Moose, and Caribou Hunts, then click on the visit website icon. It will take you to www.mccguide.com

It appears that this outfitter really knows what he's doing when it comes to hunting goats. Price seems reasonable when compared to years of applying and rejection notices from the western states... Big goats and beautiful country. Go now while you're still young and have the legs and lungs!!!

Guided hunts are still doable with an average income. I did one several years ago (4) in BC and got a nice one. If you want to wait try applying in all of the states that have goats. Some states will make you buy the license just to apply. I was one of the lucky ones and will be in CO this Sept after only eight years of trying.

Good goat odds for a NR are 1:40.

ID - $175 to apply, 40:1 odds
CO 4 years until you have a 1:50 to 1:200 chance
Utah $5 chance over 1:100

Mt Goat hunts in Canada or AK are still cheap enough that the average guy shoule be able to do it now instead of waiting to draw in the States. My advice is to apply for the future but go get one now if you can.

"Whatever you are, be a good one."
- Abraham Lincoln

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom