Mountain Goats

elkhuntr

Here is a couple mountain goats we harvested. Sorry for the blood in the pics but I couldn't get it any cleaner.
Enjoy, Elkhuntr
46ffb5d9746d7d62.jpg

46ffb4f3716ab9f2.jpg

46ffb52571b5c438.jpg

Nice goats and great looking country. What State/Country? Congratulations on a hard earned animal.

I hope your taxidermist knows how to sew. haha How far did the first goat fall? I mounted a goat 2 years ago which fell over 520 yards (ranged) down cliffs and slides which looked just about like that one's face.

-------------------------
www.sagebasin.com
-------------------------

They were shot side by side in Colorado. My goat rolled about 300 yards. He is seven years old and 8 5/8 but busted off about an inch. After the fall he was lucky to have any horns left. It was a bad deal. My buddies goat was three and 7 1/2 inches.
Elkhuntr

Dont feel bad I have seen worse on goats. It seems like 1 in 4 that I see pictures of are pretty beaten up.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-30-07 AT 08:19PM (MST)[p]Nice goats. I killed a nice billy last fall in G4. It took me 15 years to draw. What unit in Colorado did you hunt and how many years did it take you to draw?

Mike

Took me 15 years also. G13 was the unit. Now I can't wait till the wife draws a tag so we can go chase them again.
Elkhuntr

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom