Mounted Deer Sheds

C

claallen

Here are some Deer sheds I found and stained. Then I did a panel mount of them. They score about 160 with a 28" outside spread and a 20" inside spread.
075087.jpg

075098.jpg

Mooseman,
I make a swivel bracket for elk and deer. You might have seen a earlier post of some elk sheds that I mounted for a friend. I have done about a dozen panel mounts of sheds for myself and friends. One set I am getting mounted on a cape.
Here is a smaller set of sheds this set is 24" buck with a 20" inside spread scores about 145 because of the short G3's, but it is a nice looking Panel mount. There is also a knife I made in the picture.
Clay
075089.jpg

IDhornhound
In the top set I used a stain called special walnut. But it took alot of sanding to get the natural look, but to feel them they feel like glass. But in the mean time I found the perfect combination. Van Dykes Taxedermy sells what is called Antler Wax. I will post the site. First thing you have to take care of the antlers to be stained. (Crackes), a little filler and sanding will take care of those. I would try wood putty to fill in the cracks. Then rub your antler down good with the Antler Wax. You need to run to your local Mini Mart and pick up a can of worms. Take the worms out (save them to airiate your lawn, or for a fishing trip later)but rub the antlers down with the wax. While they are still wet, start rubbing the worm dirt into the bone vigerously then you can go over with them with a wet wash cloth to adjust your dirt content.
Clay
http://www.vandykestaxidermy.com/ From here just type antler wax into the serch engine. Let me know how it works for you.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom