Mounting Sheds

trophyhunter

Very Active Member
So a question to all you shed hunters. Archery Hunting with my Grandson this year during early archery here in Kali. I ran accross a set of 2013 sheds off a monster Blacktail buck that are unique as well as pushing 30 inches. Heavy horned like a big mulie. I know it is a pure Blacktail cause I found them on a ranch 10 miles above Ukiah CA. Well away from the area where mule deer can mix with a Blacktail.

My Grandson said, Grandpa I Want those horns. So I want to mount these truly special horns for a wall mount.

So here is my question. Do they make something where we can mount these drop horns on a plack. Are there methods to obtain an actual score on these drops.
I will try and take a pic of these horns and post it but I haven't had very good luck posting pics in the past. Luckily the squirrels didn't damage them to bad to score but they did chew a little on edges that I will need to fill in and stain.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

))))------->

Here is a big 3x4 I found several years ago that I just recently put onto a mtn mikes skull cap.

Its really quite easy and if you like the full skull mount they have those as well.

As far as scoring them you score them the same way you would a normal deer but you will have to get your best guess on the inside spread. The buck in the pic below is just under 190" (Gross) as a 3x4.

596920141208_145953.jpg

Jake H. BIG BONE HUNTING Page on Facebook.
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Dec-23-14 AT 01:48PM (MST)[p]Mt. Mikes are sweet! Here is one next to a real mount
6613image.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom