Movin to Colorado

twobears

LAST EDITED ON Feb-21-13 AT 09:57PM (MST)[p]Hey folks I'm moving back to Colorado this spring, Headed for the Delta area.Can anyone give any advice on jobs, or good area's to live,houses for sale ect. Thanks Frank

I hope he makes it before the ban. The ban as far I know will make it illegal to move here with them since they were not already owned in CO. Also the ban we are getting does not include a grandfather clause as far as I can tell.

Good luck. The economy in this area is still dead especially if youre going to be looking for work in the construction trades. Nice area and I love it around here, just not much for work right now at least that I have found.

Thanks Guys I will keep in mind the hi-cap magazine thing. I thought with legalizing marijuana that everyone would be working in the snack or fast food business,not really I just had to throw that in.

Why would anyone want to move to Colorado? This State has gone down the crapper big time! All the North-Easterners that moved to California in the 1980's & 90's and destroyed that State have now set their sights on Colorado!

I live in Whitewater, about 30 miles north of the there. I hunt ducks, sporadically, in the Delta area. The place is an outdoorman's paradise.

Delta County has over 100 reservoirs, on the Grand Mesa.

In 30 minutes, from Delta, you can be at 10,000' and be in pines an Aspens.

If you want to farm and/or ranch, there is plenty of that in the area.

Delta is in the desert, high-desert, about 5,000' It is high enough up to take advantage of Grand Junction's winter inversion and can be warmer in the daytime that GJ. In the summer, it is cooler than GJ. It is an agricultural area as they get their water from the Gunnison and the Uncompahgre rivers. Except for following the Gunnison north, in every direction you go up, where there are elk and deer to hunt. BTW, you ain't gonna get rich in an Agricultural area.

There used to be pheasants in the area. I am not sure now. But, there is a place that you can pay to hunt pheasants on.

A big determinator on where you can live is how small of a town that you can tolerate.

Going east, you have Cedaredge, which is up in the mountains, a bit, and faces south (a good thing in the winter) and is a real nice area. Also nice little towns are Paonia, Hotchkiss and Crawford. There is a coal mine in the area.

About 20 miles farther south is Montrose. Montrose is about 30K and has a Walmart (which Delta has), Home Depot and is a bit larger.

If you can point me in the direction that you want info about, then I might be able to answer you questions.

I'd look at usajobs.gov for jobs w/the BLM, NPS and NF in Delta and Montrose.

What are you doing to make money now?
John 14:6

Right now I work for UPS,but before that I worked for Pepsi in Colorado. I have a class A CDL.I live on a farm in Nebraska.I moved back here to take care of my Grandparents 12 years ago and they have both since past away and I really miss the mountains.I like small towns,hate the big city traffic,but I realize thats where the jobs are.I am not a rocket scientist,but can do most any job that I put my mind to,I work hard and do a good job at whatever I do.Montrose or Delta are just starting points,as I don't care what town I live in,just like the whole valley from Junction to the south. Thanks any help is great. Frank

It would be a little long of a commute from Delta, but if your get hazmat endorsements you could probably hire on as a pumper for the oilfield around Rifle or Parachute. Gas development is down from over a 116 rigs in 2007 to about 15 rigs in the Piceance Basin, but there is still work available.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom