Movin' to Nevada

alinrut

Well, hello Nevada thread...wanted to introduce myself on here since you'll be seein' me post here and there. I'm about to close out my military career and retire after 24 years (just dropped the paperwork so it's 12 months away) and it looks like I'm moving to the Reno area to be closer to family for the wife and boy. My big questions: 1) how's the hunting lifestyle in NV for Deer/Elk/'Lope's? 2)Do you recommend putting in for points this year in order to accumulate for when I'm a resident? 3) Is it friendly hunting for kid's? for example my son's cow tag is good through 31JAN here in CO, Colorado IMO is pretty good for kid's opportunities

thanks in advance for any comments...good-bad-indifferent, I realize I'm another import!!!

al

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10100438301656978

this is a link to a video a friend of mine put together from my hunt this year in Colorado...I'm proud of the hunt, and the friends who were there for me...just thought I'd share it with ya'll in NV.....we were up at about 11,000 feet

I'm curious if that's the type of hunting in NV for elk as well, and what to look forward to when I move there in the next year and a half

al

"if I see you on the mountain, it's my own damn fault!!! I didn't get far enough away from the road!!!!"

Nv's good for kids with the youth deer tags. For the rest of us, depending upon what you shoot, you will need some points to draw a tag. Everything is a draw so you may as well start buying them now. Once you draw a tag, the quality of animals is second to none.

I moved to Reno last year and have found lots of hunting opporunities. My kids are not old enough to hunt yet, so I dont know all the youth things, but it seems like there are late hunts and lots of bird hunts for the youth. I've had more fun than should be allowed bow hunting. Looks like you can get a deer tag just about every year if your willing to bow hunt wilderness areas. This year the chuckar hunting has been great. If we get enough water this winter I'm sure next year will be amazing also.

PM me if you ever want to tag along. I usually go alone since I'm new here.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom