Moving from Utah to New mexico.

J

JakeS

Well, I applied for a job in Wyoming and was offered one in New Mexico! ti looks like i will likeley be leaving this month. So I need some good info on cool places to live in New Mexico. I can choose anywhere in the state that I want, but I will be traveling so it would be nice to be somewhat central. I am looking for a small clean town where I can walk out my backdoor with my shotgun and scare up some quail. And be close to some spectacular big game hunting (especially those cool exotics). It's gotta be a nice place to raise a family. Any ideas?

Silver City would not be bad. Of course T or C would have Elephant Butte close if you like to fish.

I've been to a lot of towns in NM over the years while hunting out there and I do believe that Glenwood in the SW part is one of the coolest little towns I've seen. It's right next to the Gila and the climate should be great. Gorgeous territory near there. Check it out. I also have a friend in Magdelena.....that's a nice small town too. It's a bit farther north. I envy you man....NM is a wonderful state, I love to hunt there.

Ruidoso, Cloudcroft, Mountainair are all great places.
Cloudcroft has a good school, we live about 40 minutes from there.
I cant speak for the other two communities schools.

Buy your lifetime hunting license in Utah before you move.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Ruidoso 2nd nice town in the mountains with lots of big game in the area a little more upscaled and folks tend to be fairly nice.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-20-09 AT 04:36PM (MST)[p]Jake,

You rotten turd! You cannot go, you have to stay in Utard and be miserable with me! Was God ever watching over you and prevented Wyoming! Wow that was close!;-)

I love NM, they just need an ocean and some bikinis.;-)

How much is a decent home and an acre in Ruidoso???? How cold was it today? It was 1 here this morning and you could not see a thing!

Jake PM-ed me a couple days ago and said his employer pulled a switch on him: now he's headed back to WY instead. Way to make him feel good about that, ktc... ;-)

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom